To travel or not to travel?

abdellost

So she broke up with me 20 days ago. after the 5th day of the break up, she went overseas with her family to visit her dad for 2 weeks. So I know it didnt hit her hard yet that she left me and she was lucky enough to not go or see places that reminded of us and our relationship when the break up was fresh. Before she left and before the break up, we had plans on how we will contact each other when she was overseas. We bought special phone cards, the works. So i know this break up was not planned.

Anyway, i need to get out of here for awhile,out of the whole country ( i am currently residing in Egypt). the last 20 days been killer for me. I live in a small city, so 5 years of being with her, everything reminds me of her and what we did and how much fun we had, how crazy in love we were. So it gets harder and harder, just because i cant stay home and want to go out, and "out" is everywhere me and her been before.

Point is, i want to travel by the end of this week, back to the states for a few weeks, but i think those weeks might turn into months and thats what i a worried off. A lot of people tell me its not a good idea. the break up is fresh, she really did not have the time to feel gut wrenching pain because she left the country right after the break up. they tell me i would be "postponing" everything. and that i would be running away from issues that when i do come back, it will hit me full force (coming back and realizing i am still not with her, might hurt worse than now). One good friend of mine said its too early to think of leaving everything now, you need to stay and put it out for a little while longer. My ex supposed to come in 6 days, but i dont want to be here when she is,would kill me to know shes in the country and i cant see her. we were too in love and crazy for each other for this to happen the way it did (read my first thread, its long)

Anyway should i go and take a break? i was planning it to be a 3 week break but i am kinda afraid it would be longer.

Whats funny is fate is intervening with everything:

**3 days after the break up, i bought a ticket to leave the country. A new law in Egypt is if you stay for over 6 month (visa expires), you have to renew some paper and it will take 2 to 3 months! i am an American, and they wont let me leave until these papers finish. So that was bad luck number 1.

**Bad luck number 2: i got hit by a car going 90 miles per hour. Everyone thought i was killed but i dodged it at the last second, it clipped my knee and hit full force on my ankle, i did a triple spin, and landed fine and safe (thank you god).

**Bad luck number 3!: i got robbed,a guy took out a knife on me,stole my passport,my wallet,credit cards, my google phone (600 dollar phone), everything. He ran, i ran after him and thanks god again, people jumped him and caught him,after i was stabbed 3 times haha.

this country is really safe and you can walk at night at 3am and nothing would happen to you, so thats why i find all this funny, whats happening to me a few days after she broke up with me. i am still surprised i havent killed myself with all these bad lucks.

I find someone, judge,he would sign my papers and let me go travel. But ill need to pay him 500 dollars under the table AND take a flight from the small city,meaning a one way ticket costs me 800 dollars (BS). so now im stuck. Fate telling me not to leave? I dont know. I am not that kind of person that bases my judgment on faith, at least alone. But everything seems to be going crazy just because i want to leave the country.