if your ex left you for someone else, did they ever come back?

chloe1408

If it does happen it is usually when they get kicked to the curb by that great new love and you have moved on to a better life.

Not to me personally.

But, it appears from what I have read on here, that when they dump you for someone else and they do come back, they just end up repeating the pattern again and you get dumped again....

My ex didn't leave me for someone else...but she did find someone else soon after the breakup...don't know what ever came of that...but I don't see her ever talking to me again...but I guess that's life...

So in my experience, no.

I don't know if she left me for someone else,....but it ended about 5 years ago. Last summer she contacted me through facebook. Told me that she missed me and she made a huge mistake. I thought that would make me feel better but,..trust me,...it did not. In fact it made me feel much worse as it brought back old feelings. I eventually deleted her as a friend. But while before she contacted I didn't think about her much,....now I still think about her. Anybody got advice for that?

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. During that initial honeymoon phase with the new partner all of them are blinded. Eventually, those weaknesses come out and the person that your ex thought they were is not who they really are. Sometimes people accept that but when you are dealing with someone who leaves you for someone else than more than likely have selfish tendencies. Meaning, when that person disappoints them and can't fulfill all of their needs, they try to get it from a familiar source......you. It's not love it's selfishness.

Now, if it wasn't for someone else...all bets are off. But for the most part it's the typical grass is greener syndrome.

Or another alternative, the new person turns out to be the love of their life and therefore they will never come back to you.

So move on, sucker!!

(sorry, in a real bitchy mood today. last year V day i was on a romantic weekend by the beach this year im all alone!!)

she left me for her new found love at her night club. he was bar manager, so he woo'd her, made her feel special.

anyway after 6 7 months she was asking about me and what i was up to (to my friend) i never acted on it. and then i saw her 6 months after that in a club in my town. and i spoke to her, (ranted at her) told her what a bitch she was to me to do what she did, and i never thought anyone especially her would do something like that. she ran off crying.

never seen her since (over a year on) and heard through the grape vine she is now engaged to him.

so there ya have it

It's been 4 months. Not yet.

It'll be another 90 years.. and still not yet.

Am I waiting for her? Nope.

I was a rebound.

I can only move forward.

THERE IS such a thing as a cruel, heartless, cold, meaningless relationship and woman out there... actually... there are lots of them. Won't stop me from one day falling in love with an amazing woman. Just helped me realize just how significant red flags are.. and easier to recognize them so that I can end it before it becomes a dark abyss...

Happy Penis Day!

In 2/3 relationships where I was left for someone else, yes they did come back.

The first time they came back pretty much immediately. I did try and give him another chance and I took him back but it was just never the same so it ended for good soon after.

The second time it was about 2 months after the break up they came back. Turns out the grass wasn't greener. It was hard, but I did not take them back and years later I am proud of myself for my strength in that decision.