Is it possible, starting now, to lose 30lbs by June?

I know I'll have to work hard no matter what to get down to my goal weight, but I guess I will have to exert myself a liddle more to get to where I want to be by that certain time. Are there special exercises I can do to speed up my weight loss? I want to stay away from the whole "diet" thing. I believe in eating healthy and not skipping out on certain foods and such.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

:)

Try a healthy mixture of anaerobic and aerobic excersizes.

What I usually do is alternate on my treadmill, one day going fast at level without using the arm-swings, and another day going slow with a full incline and ultra-high tension on the arm swings.

Anaerobic excersizes help build muscles, and muscles burn a ton of calories. Unfortunately muscles are heavy too, so you'll get thinner but weigh about the same.

Increase your water and exercise. Decrease sugars/carbs and fatty foods. Eat healthy snacks. Its doable. I plan on losing 40 pounds by June. I generally am able to do this every year -- I'll lost 15 pounds in the first month and then slow down, then hit a plateau, then continue losing. My problem is that I put that 40 pounds back on between Thanksgiving and New Years every year! It takes longer to lose it than to gain it.

• Author

thanks guys for replying to my post!

WWDDFD - your alternation of the treadmil is a great idea. for as long as ive been using a treadmil i never thought to try something like that. i cant wait to try that out! and yay muscle, i cant live with nething but fat. :)

Errol - yeah i try to stay away from sugary and salty snacks. im a big junk food fan. :( heh, need an exercise buddy?

neways, thanks again guys. i will definitely use the advice youve given me.

happy new year!

Depending on what you weigh now losing 30 pounds can be very HARD if your not "over weight". Dropping pound a week for 6 straight months is almost unhealthy for most people. Plus running on a treadmill 5 times a week for 6 months and taking in the same amount of calories won't work cause after 6 to 8 weeks your body will hit a plateau.

First you should get a body fat measurement done. Instead of trying to lose 30 pounds your goal should be to cut your body fat. Lets say you weigh 150 with 16% body fat. Dropping 30 pounds will be very hard cuz 150 isn't much to begin with. Bringing down your body fat down to 8 percent can be done and after its all said and done you might end up being 130, also 8% body fat is low on a woman. Don't even bother looking at a scale just get your body fat measurement every 2 weeks or even every month.

Then find out your metabolic rate. (Naturally skinny people have high metabolism and people who tend to gain weight fast have a low metabolism). You need this information because it is very important for you to know how many calories you are burning per day so you are able to figure out how many calories to take in per day on your diet.

Knowing those two things will make things alot easier and healthy though it really only scratches the surface. Most of the bigger gyms offer the tests and maybe even a doctor.

Its already been said but a mix of anaerobic and aerobic exercises with a change of workout routines every 6 to 8 weeks is a must. GoodLuck! Dont end up running on a treadmill and starving yourself for 6 months then end up paying $100+ per session with some dood like me.

Originally posted by theophilia

heh.

im 5'6, 165lbs

thanks for all your useful info! i really appreciate it :)

I know I'm a guy and all, but seriously; I would KILL to be 165lbs =)