'Friends with benifits' gone wrong

Okay, so, here’s the deal. I started dating this guy, we were friends first but decided we liked each other and wanted to try dating. Well, that lasted a week. He broke up with me, he said it wouldent work and if he felt that way i wasent going to argue but I wasn't upset as much as I was mad. He didn’t understand why I was so angry, so I let it pass. He still called me the day we broke up and wanted to know why i seemed so distant that day. Well, recently we’ve become sort of 'friends with benefits' He calls me every day and we talk for hours. He called me about three days ago and we talked about the normal stuff, but then he told me that he liked another girl and that he thinks she likes him back. It was too casual for my comfort but I said that’s great, and he knew i was upset but again, let it pass.

Well, here’s where I need the help. So you see, we planned to hang out just me and him go to lunch, all that good stuff. I decided to meet him after school and we'd go from there. Well, i ended up waiting for him longer than i would’ve liked to. When he finally showed up, he showed up with his bestie and another girl, one i had seen him hanging all over lately so i was initially furious. He then invited me to the girls house to hang out like it was the most normal thing in the world, I had never even met the girl beforehand.

I told him I didn’t know her and he was supposed to hang out with me so he tried to tell me he still would. But I was already upset and just wanted to be alone so i continued on with out him. He gets on IM later that night and apologizes over and over and asks if he could make it up. Well, we made a new plan. He was going to eat lunch with me at school, and spend study hall with me.

Well, at lunch he takes a few second to wave to me and then he leaves. I knew something was up but didn’t chase him down. Later I watched him walk towards the woods by our school with the girl he was with earlier. I was all but happy. I wanted to scream and yell. But since I still had to deal with him in study hall I ignored him. If I said anything I knew id regret it. I decided to wait till after school.

Well after school rolls around, I was walking by the burger king and saw him with the girl. I am overflowing with jealousy. I shouldn’t be, But he told me he liked me and that he respected me, just all these things led me to think we had something. So what i need is a way to talk to him. To tell him i don’t want anything to do with him...To just leave me alone and forget it ever happened. A way to tell him I’m disappointed. ^-^ but i don’t know how. He knows he did something wrong... but i don’t have any idea how to approach it. And I don’t want to be the first to email him because he screwed up. Any advice is appreciated!!!

P.S. Im 16

P.S. Im 16

Focus on school and forget boys! As you can see, they'll just drive you insane and it doesn't get much better from here on out!

Anyway, Your life is far more important than some fickle jerk, that jumps between young ladies.

Have fun with your friends!

Edited by Javelin

He is a douchebag. He doesn't deserve the respect of even a response from you. Girls always look for closure from guys and I don't know why-we're never going to get it! Seriously, just say **** it and move on. Good luck chica:)

Sorry you've had such a hard time.

There is something you need to understand: for many men, having a GF is not the ideal situation. For many men, having a FWB is the ideal situation. In FWB, he gets sex with no strings--most guys will go for that rather than a GF is they think they can get it. Never, ever enter into a FWB relationship with a guy you really like. He has no incentive to have you become his GF. In fact, if he thinks you're getting too serious, he'll usually just end the relationship. Good luck.

Pink Cupcakes

Sounds like you are still in high school. Please stop being sexually active at your age. Not only will you get a bad rep, you will get an STD, if not several.

Dont tell him anything. I know you want to spill your feelings to him, but he has no desire to hear your feelings. He wants to keep using you like youve been allowing him to. You dont owe him any explanation, just stop talking to him entirely. Theres no way he will ever take you seriously, so theres no reason to be friendly with him.

Go find another boy to be a gf to, leave this guy in the dust. Forget about him. He used you until he got the girl he wanted, and then he used you to make himself look popular with the other girl, which works. You think you need to explain anything to a guy that does that? Hell no! Move on, and have the satisfaction that he will keep chasing you, but you dont give in, because you already know he wont take you seriously.

No lunches, no dates, telling him its over, nothing. Just dissappear from his radar.

Okay, so, here’s the deal. I started dating this guy, we were friends first but decided we liked each other and wanted to try dating. Well, that lasted a week. He broke up with me, he said it wouldent work and if he felt that way i wasent going to argue but I wasn't upset as much as I was mad. He didn’t understand why I was so angry, so I let it pass. He still called me the day we broke up and wanted to know why i seemed so distant that day. Well, recently we’ve become sort of 'friends with benefits' He calls me every day and we talk for hours. He called me about three days ago and we talked about the normal stuff, but then he told me that he liked another girl and that he thinks she likes him back. It was too casual for my comfort but I said that’s great, and he knew i was upset but again, let it pass.

Well, here’s where I need the help. So you see, we planned to hang out just me and him go to lunch, all that good stuff. I decided to meet him after school and we'd go from there. Well, i ended up waiting for him longer than i would’ve liked to. When he finally showed up, he showed up with his bestie and another girl, one i had seen him hanging all over lately so i was initially furious. He then invited me to the girls house to hang out like it was the most normal thing in the world, I had never even met the girl beforehand.

I told him I didn’t know her and he was supposed to hang out with me so he tried to tell me he still would. But I was already upset and just wanted to be alone so i continued on with out him. He gets on IM later that night and apologizes over and over and asks if he could make it up. Well, we made a new plan. He was going to eat lunch with me at school, and spend study hall with me.

Well, at lunch he takes a few second to wave to me and then he leaves. I knew something was up but didn’t chase him down. Later I watched him walk towards the woods by our school with the girl he was with earlier. I was all but happy. I wanted to scream and yell. But since I still had to deal with him in study hall I ignored him. If I said anything I knew id regret it. I decided to wait till after school.

Well after school rolls around, I was walking by the burger king and saw him with the girl. I am overflowing with jealousy. I shouldn’t be, But he told me he liked me and that he respected me, just all these things led me to think we had something. So what i need is a way to talk to him. To tell him i don’t want anything to do with him...To just leave me alone and forget it ever happened. A way to tell him I’m disappointed. ^-^ but i don’t know how. He knows he did something wrong... but i don’t have any idea how to approach it. And I don’t want to be the first to email him because he screwed up. Any advice is appreciated!!!

P.S. Im 16

I know how you feel. Take some time to blow off some steam, relax and then tell him.

He's not worth being jelous over, he obviously does not care about your feelings so stop giving him attention it's just giving him an ego boost thats all he cares about. Also, I know you've heard this a lot but you are still young, when you're older you can find a mature guy that wont put you through this (hopefully)

That guy has it all figured out. And unfortunately everything good for him is bad for you. SO you need to pass on this guy. I would normally say "pass on this loser" but i cant call this guy a loser -- he is a true player, someone men will aspire to be. So pass on the PLAYER

He will not give you what you are looking for, so dont even try

harmfulsweetz

I wish I can say it doesn't happen, it does. FWB rarely works out. One nearly always wants more, and when they don't get it, well this happens. I was 16 when I entered my first (and last) FWB sitch, and my, was I naive. I thought if I just gave in, gave him what he wanted, gave him time to see that I really was gf-material, he would come around. He didn't. He used me, until summat better came along. Sad but true. I was heartbroken, but the next time he came aknocking, I told him where to go. This is a learning curve.

Don't tell him nothing. Wait until he comes to you. He will, users are like that. They always come back when they need their fill. Then, look at him, laugh a bit, look again, laugh some more before explaining very nicely how you've moved on from his player a$$.

Good luck. I also second that you are very young and perhaps should focus on your studies, and just being young.

• 2 months later...