are these real friends?

someone000

My so called "friends" dont really talk to me at all. When i hang around with them i never get involved in the conversation because most of the time they are talking about things im not interesting in or i dont have a clue about.

when i ask them to go somewhere with me the answer is always "sorry thats too late" or "no im meeting someone else".

its weird because if someone else wants to go somewhere they will most likely say ill go with you if you are going but when i want to go somewhere no one volunteers to come with me...

they never text me unless its something to do with school. Also when they know i dont have any plans and they have plans to go somewhere together they never bother to say something like if you are not doing anything want to come along

Its always just im going home now then they say okay bye.

Maybe they are not real friends or maybe its because we have nothing in common? :/

Those aren't real friends. They're most likely using you for one reason or another. I've had my fair share of these "friends."

Boundary Problem

Why don't you try to make friends though activities/interests that you do find interesting.

Then the conversation will flow more easily.

Just because you meet people, doesn't mean you need to give them any of your time. Why sit around with these people if they bore you, and hurt your feelings?

• Author
Why don't you try to make friends though activities/interests that you do find interesting.

Then the conversation will flow more easily.

Just because you meet people, doesn't mean you need to give them any of your time. Why sit around with these people if they bore you, and hurt your feelings?

I've tried that but i can't seem to make other friends :/

I think they like you, but your not there close friends. If they didnt like you, then they wouldnt talk to you at all. You dont need them. ...But dont let them take advantage of you! Be careful about that.

Boundary Problem
How am i supposed to enjoy company with strangers?

Take an interest in their life. Ask how they are doing.

Get over yourself. You are completely stuck in first gear.

Start the conversation with them assuming they are more interesting than you are and keep talking to them trying to figure out what that interesting thing about them is.

People love to talk, so if you learn to listen, you will have lots of friends (is my experience).

Any REAL friend would make the time for you and wouldn't blow you off like that. It's sad and inexcusable what they're doing to you. Any real friend would at least make the effort to spend some time with you. :)

they never text me unless its something to do with school.

If you only talk about the place where you've met (school, uni, work, etc.) and have not progressed past that, you're just acquaintances with the other person. At least that's from my experience.

When i hang around with them i never get involved in the conversation because most of the time they are talking about things im not interesting in or i dont have a clue about.

Well, you don't exactly go out of your way to be someone that people want to be involved with. Either you have to raise you game a bit of find people more to you liking.

Boundary Problem

Just look for better quality people. Some people are very selfish and have nothing to give.

It is all about them. All the time. Yawn.