Good Quotes

It has been three months since D-Day for me. I have maintained NC for two very long months. I collected quotes to keep me going and wondered if any of you had a particular quote that keeps you going as well.

Also, I thought this might be a way of apologizing for the gut-wrenching songs I posted a few weeks ago.

"Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are." ~ Arthur Golden

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost." ~ Zig Ziglar

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” ~ Ambrose Redmoon

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place." ~ Unknown

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” - Maya Angelou

mybrowneyedgirl

great post. i'll have to think about this one. i especially love this one:

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” - Maya Angelou

My personal favorite is:

"You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand." - Woodrow Wilson

Edited by TheLoneSock
As it pertains to this forum

"Love is unconditional, relationships are not."

Very true

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place." ~ Unknown

These 2 are brilliant.

We go through life believing that finding out who we really are will devastate us. But information doesn’t hurt us, it only builds a platform from which we can leap into growth." - David Richo

• Author

Great posts! How about this one? ;)

"If you don't listen to the voice of experience, you will soon be the voice of experience"