.. she wants me back but has a rebound

lonelyboy27

She broke up with me, and we haven't been in contact since the breakup. It's been a few months now, and I found out she wants me back, but has recently picked up someone new for a few weeks now. I still love her but I think I should move on, but I can't stop wondering what would happen if I did give it a second shot.

I was finally getting better but now I'm back to the phase where I'm feeling really down at random points of the day again..Why do they come back when you're finally getting better?!

Well only you can answer this and seeing this is your first post it is really tough to say anything about your situation. Did you guys end allright? How long did you date before?

I guess you just have to ask yourself what you want... second chances arnt always about second chances with your ex, they can be a second chance to find someone who is better for suited for you.

I wish you the best of luck either way but I am sure some people will post here saying how she is fishing around your feelings which could very well be correct. Think about yourself first now!!

Edited by Broseph
  • Author

well we're relatively young, so I don't think she's being manipulative. We are both very innocent, I must admit. I just graduated highschool and she's a bit younger than me.

We ended fine. We just got to the end of the honeymoon stage I guess, and she was getting bored of me. Although I think I'm the dumpee, because of how I'm feeling, I did technically break up with her because I thought she would be happier off without the guilt of trying to break it off herself. I was stupid and rash, but I kind of gave up hope for the relationship already at that stage (she seemed to be very interested in someone else too).

We only dated for just under a year, and after having a few relationships which broke off pretty quickly, I thought this one would stick and I could have my first serious relationship. I'm smart enough to know I'll have much more opportunities in Uni, and the smart choice would be to just move on since we're both still relatively immature, but I can't shake this feeling that this might be the opportunity for us to reconnect. There's going to be a few months summer break soon, and I really want to spend it with her:)