Daughter is 13. She has "bumps' all over her forehead. Tiny. They are not pimples or acne as I have seen on others (or myself as a teen). They do not ever come to a head, her face is not oily. Sometimes she will get a pimple on her face or chin and thats quickly taken care of with benzoyl peroxide.

I have tried: The whole Proactive Regime, Clean and Clear, Salycic Acid (sp)...moisturizers. Have taken her to one dermatologist, who simply prescribed yet another 4 product regime and no results.

These bumps , seem to be mostly on her forehead - a lot into her hairline and even a few near her eyebrows. Obviously, it has something to do with her scalp. I tried a Kiel's Tonic of some sort, but it was complicated.

Anything??

So, if they are not pimples, what did the dermatologist think they were?

I would advise going to see another derm.

• Author

Yes, that what I'm thinking too. I kind of felt like the last one was more just marketing a product line. I have no problem taking her to another - its just that Ive spent so much money and time ....I think MY making this a big concern is making daughter even more self conscious about it. Still, it needs to be addressed.

Its like every awkward stage of the human body has hit her all at once.

It sounds like facial keratosis pilaris. It can be easily mistaken for acne when it's on the face. It rarely shows up on the face; more commonly it appears on the upper arms, thighs, legs, or any other body part besides palms and soles of feet.

A treatment like Retin-A, Adapalene, or Triamcinolone could work. These products help exfoliate the skin to reduce the amount of keratin in the pores, which is the main cause of keratosis pilaris. The brand DermaDoctor, which can be found in fine beauty stores/websites like Sephora, has a line of products that alleviate keratosis pilaris on the body, called KP Duty. They also have a product called Physical Chemistry, a chemical+physical exfoliant for the face that also works to alleviate facial keratosis pilaris, as well as other things like discoloration and overall complexion dullness. I would suggest going to another derm and asking about keratosis pilaris, and they could figure out what kind of product would be right for your daughter in order to treat this. From what you've said it does sound a lot like KP. I hope this helps :)

my daughter had this a long with regular acne. the bumps near her hailine were caused by the natural oil in the hair.

WE went to a derm and them suggested putting a headband on while sleeping to get air to that area. Also the bumps were caused by bacteria so we got perscription anit-baterial wipes for her to use after washing her face.

they cleared up in a couple months.

• Author

THAT makes sense!!!!!!

The headband thing I thought about - but antibacterial wipes sound like the ticket!! And they should be dermotologist perscribed or can I get them elsewhere? This sounds hopeful and simple!!

THAT makes sense!!!!!!

The headband thing I thought about - but antibacterial wipes sound like the ticket!! And they should be dermotologist perscribed or can I get them elsewhere? This sounds hopeful and simple!!

they have to be prescribed. They are like the OXY pads. Just wash and dry you face and wipe on the pad. It said to do it 2x a day but if your skins get too dry just do it 1x.

Now that my daughter is over puberty her face has cleared up and we no longer have to use the pads.