If you or MM died, would you be able to attend funeral?

NoIDidn't
And was OW really safe? Maybe you haven't heard the stories but I've heard all the stories about certain BS's becoming chummy with OW through PM and outing them in their community...

That's why I always caution about TMI, too...It seems safe and anonymous, but it's not...

This has nothing to do with the concept of "safe" that we are actually speaking about. If those OWs lacked the common sense to not give out too much identifiable information to strangers over the Internet, cautioning them about TMI isn't going to help.

But, yes, I knew about it and would have no part of it. I don't post anywhere to harass people, IRL or virtually.

And concerning the former OW posters with strong opinions, pfft. They were banned for a reason. The MODs don't just ban people for participating in Affairs. They were rude and unruly posters who didn't like people actually having opposing opinions. And if they are still here under new names, then they learned their lesson in that regard.

tami-chan
I disagree. Methinks the lad(ies) doth protest too much.

Everywhere in so-called relationship forums, people disagree with what a poster wants to here. But in here, some get mad when its done. I agree that noone wants to here religious pontificating as this particular relationship has somewhat of a moral problem in it, but the amount of complaining about hearing oppositing view points is getting ridiculous. Taking away the affair aspect, I would still give the same advice in most cases. And if this was in the general relationship location, noone would be complaining about my response if it wasn't in lockstep with what the OP wanted.

Opposing view is not really the problem - it is the sarcasm, the anger,the name calling--all the unnecessary comments. C'mon, if you are being honest to yourself you know you have posted comments that do not serve a purpose but to annoy, or to one up somebody or to be a smart-a$$. I know I have.

I hate to say it in this way, but if what one wants is this to be treated as solely an OW/OM forum, they are in the wrong place.

How so? How is this the "wrong place"? This particular forum clearly says it is for OWs/OMs.

NoIDidn't

Opposing view is not really the problem - it is the sarcasm, the anger,the name calling--all the unnecessary comments. C'mon, if you are being honest to yourself you know you have posted comments that do not serve a purpose but to annoy, or to one up somebody or to be a smart-a$$. I know I have.

Uh, welcome to the internet?

No we ALL do the annoying posts every now and then, but the constant whining about it is juvenile. If one is adult enough to get into an affair, surely they are adult enough to hear others' opinions about it.

How so? How is this the "wrong place"? This particular forum clearly says it is for OWs/OMs.

Yes, the wrong place. Anyone can sign up for LS and then post in here. There is no requirement that anyone that posts in any forum here actually only meet what the forum description says. I post in the Political Threads too, but I'm not a politician either.

If OPs want an exclusive place for only other OPs, they need to go to a different board. All of this whining in this forum is likely going to end up in IT being removed, not in the undesired posters being removed.

White Flower
Flower, Sorry, been a very long and frustrating day. Reread your post and am perfectly happy to be an example of a "vile" SOB (past tense):) Your wrong, WF. I'm YOUR biggest CL;)
Aww shucks, thanks Boldjack:love:.
tami-chan
Uh, welcome to the internet?

No we ALL do the annoying posts every now and then, but the constant whining about it is juvenile. If one is adult enough to get into an affair, surely they are adult enough to hear others' opinions about it.

Well..if we are talking about being juvenile...deliberately posting on a form not meant for one's agenda is quite juvenile, I think.

Yes, the wrong place. Anyone can sign up for LS and then post in here. There is no requirement that anyone that posts in any forum here actually only meet what the forum description says. I post in the Political Threads too, but I'm not a politician either.

The political threads are meant for nobody in particular but for people who are interested in politics. I don't know about you, but I find there is a er..."slight" difference between a forum meant for support and advice for a targeted group.

If OPs want an exclusive place for only other OPs, they need to go to a different board. All of this whining in this forum is likely going to end up in IT being removed, not in the undesired posters being removed.

lol...really...you think it will be removed? Well then, that will surely solve everything, I guess.

NoIDidn't
Well..if we are talking about being juvenile...deliberately posting on a form not meant for one's agenda is quite juvenile, I think.

You already admitted to using annoyance to get to posters, so I should have expected this. I have no agenda. Maybe you do, hence the projection?

The political threads are meant for nobody in particular but for people who are interested in politics. I don't know about you, but I find there is a er..."slight" difference between a forum meant for support and advice for a targeted group.

I see no difference. I find both topics interesting and post responses to both. And no one there complains that there are too many liberals vs. conservatives posting. AND the threads get pretty heated there too. Difference is, the posters seem to accept that people have differing opinions and passions without crying about it all the time.

lol...really...you think it will be removed? Well then, that will surely solve everything, I guess.

I think it will get removed if the MODs keep fielding complaints from those with thin skin. Yes. I don't know why you find it funny, though.

desertmoon
And was OW really safe? Maybe you haven't heard the stories but I've heard all the stories about certain BS's becoming chummy with OW through PM and outing them in their community...

That's why I always caution about TMI, too...It seems safe and anonymous, but it's not...

Yeah, this hurts...but it is what it is...you win some, you lose some..

tami-chan
You already admitted to using annoyance to get to posters' date=' so I should have expected this. I have no agenda. Maybe you do, hence the projection?[/quote']

actually, I didn't say YOU are posting on the forum with an agenda. Did you see your name anywhere. It was a general statement. Don't be too defensive, it makes you look guilty of it. No projection, maybe you? Oh, you did say ALL do post annoying stuff at times, which I gather would include you, so I do expect you to sooner or later come up with something sarcastic and or annoying--something without purpose but to annoy...as a matter of fact, I think you have already done that earlier.

I see no difference. I find both topics interesting and post responses to both. And no one there complains that there are too many liberals vs. conservatives posting. AND the threads get pretty heated there too. Difference is, the posters seem to accept that people have differing opinions and passions without crying about it all the time.

I post on the political threads too and people over there do complain too and you get people who never seem to have anything substantial to contribute but only one liners of sarcasm and insults but emotions involved with politics and personal relationships are very different. I would say that emotions here run deeper and stronger and hit the very core of people's lives . Apples and oranges really...but that's just me. If you think there is no difference then that's your take on it.

Yes. I don't know why you find it funny, though.

Why do I find it funny? Because it is ridiculous. Anyway, do you want it removed?

I understand now. This is Tami's thread and if someone "annoys" Tami, they should be removed. Very repressive idea. Perhaps if you applied some of that understanding and compassion, that you want from the BS's, TO the BS's, you will get more positive results. My opinion only.

Thank you, thank you very much.:) At the 11:00 o'clock show, I'll be passing out balloons for the kids.:D

NoIDidn't
actually, I didn't say YOU are posting on the forum with an agenda. Did you see your name anywhere. It was a general statement. Don't be too defensive, it makes you look guilty of it. No projection, maybe you? Oh, you did say ALL do post annoying stuff at times, which I gather would include you, so I do expect you to sooner or later come up with something sarcastic and or annoying--something without purpose but to annoy...as a matter of fact, I think you have already done that earlier.

My mistake, then. I figured as you were talking to me, you were accusing me of having an agenda. But that was a nice attempt to turn your own words about having posted annoying things back on me though. (Tami Chan: I know I have) LOL.

I post on the political threads too and people over there do complain too and you get people who never seem to have anything substantial to contribute but only one liners of sarcasm and insults but emotions involved with politics and personal relationships are very different. I would say that emotions here run deeper and stronger and hit the very core of people's lives . Apples and oranges really...but that's just me. If you think there is no difference then that's your take on it.

Yes, I see no difference. I was raised with the notion that polite people don't discuss politics, religion, or love relationships as they can all turn pretty volatile.

Why do I find it funny? Because it is ridiculous. Anyway, do you want it removed?

Well this explains why you found it funny that I said the risk of all this complaining is that the MODs might remove the forum. Do I want it removed? No. Do I think it should be removed? No. But the complaining about people posting here is juvenile. I'll say it again, if a person is woman or man enough to have an affair, they should also be mature enough to deal with its fallout and people's opinions of it.

Anything less is extremely childish and immature IMO. As is constantly hounding a poster for their opinion, so this ends my discourse with you on this subject. Thanks.

GreenEyedLady
Oh? And what conclusion have I come to? You apparently know more about me than I do.

So much defensiveness...You read far too much into it...

I am not speaking of you, personally...And I don't peruse the forums to decide what conclusion you have come to...That's a little egocentric?

I don't know anything about you and didn't speak about you personally...I speak from the posts I read...

Maybe you're having a bad day, I don't know...Hope it gets better! :cool:

You win, GEL. The stunning force of your logic has carried all before it.:confused: I'm done with this thread.:rolleyes:

tami-chan
My mistake' date=' then. I figured as you were talking to me, you were accusing me of having an agenda. But that was a nice attempt to turn your own words about having posted annoying things back on me though. (Tami Chan: I know I have) LOL.[/quote']

How did I turn my words around? You said ALL have done that...did you actually mean, ALL EXCEPT YOU? Actually, on this thread I have NOT posted annoying things TO YOU. Unless of course you are just annoyed by my posts-of any kind-that's a different take.

Yes, I see no difference. I was raised with the notion that polite people don't discuss politics, religion, or love relationships as they can all turn pretty volatile.
I am confused, so why are you here discussing these very things then? are you saying you are impolite?

Well this explains why you found it funny that I said the risk of all this complaining is that the MODs might remove the forum. Do I want it removed? No. Do I think it should be removed? No. But the complaining about people posting here is juvenile. I'll say it again, if a person is woman or man enough to have an affair, they should also be mature enough to deal with its fallout and people's opinions of it.
Oh ok, so you DO NOT want it removed. That's good. Me neither( not that I ever worried it would be). I think the discussions make for an interesting forum. It can get contentious, yes, but sometimes we just get to the point where we ran out of better things to say that we do resort to cheap shots-which can be fun but serves no purpose.

...so this ends my discourse with you on this subject. Thanks.
You're welcome.:)