what do you think?

Got a question for everyone out there:

Do you think you could have a working relationship with a partner that is totally different to you - I mean like if you are really posh could you be together with a punk or a scater if this person has a really nice character?

I just recently realized that everybody I know always pairs up with people of the same "group" who have the same attitude towards life, dress the same, are going out to the same type of bars,...

Isn't that pretty superficial?

Everybody is different. They like to try to be the same sometimes, but they are different. Some people need to be part of a larger group because of insecurities, and that is sad. There are many conformists...and many non-conformists. It just depends on how they were raised.

A lot of people belong to one religion or another because they truly believe by being a member of THAT particular relgion, they will truly go to heaven. There are a lot of people who don't believe in heaven at all.

You can have a working relationship with anybody if you have the right attitude and the right chemistry. There are some people that just get along with everybody...and there are others who are hard pressed to find a friend.

I'm truly sorry I can't advise you on your particular situation. This is a time when you need to use your own knowledge of yourself and your intuition about this other person.

As far as who people pair up with, whether or not it is superficial is a judgement you aren't called upon to make. You only have to justify your own actions to yourself. Now wasn't that easy?

I think people want to be in the easiest relationship they can. I have a boyfriend who is from the same social status, age group, circle of friends and we have very similar backgrounds, yet we still have problems. I cant imagine what other problems we would have if we were from such different walks of life as you mentioned. I think it could work if the two people have some commonalities and are open minded and respectful of each others differences. I don't think it's superficial to want to be with someone who is alot like you though, I think its practical.

Got a question for everyone out there: Do you think you could have a working relationship with a partner that is totally different to you - I mean like if you are really posh could you be together with a punk or a scater if this person has a really nice character? I just recently realized that everybody I know always pairs up with people of the same "group" who have the same attitude towards life, dress the same, are going out to the same type of bars,...

Isn't that pretty superficial?