thanks for the advice.

I just wanted to say thanks to all the people who have been advisers to me about my LDR "email boyfriend" over the past few months, whether it's reading some other message indirectly or replies to my posts. I have decided to stop writing him emails. We wrote a little this morning, about whether he was going to call me tonight.

Him: (with a message about etc stuff) So, what time do you work till tonight? I'd like to give you a call..."

Me: "Hi Sam, What do you want to talk about?"

Him: "are you mad at me??"

I finished work at 8 p.m. (midnight for him), I did not really believe he would call. It wasn't anyone's fault, just didn't work out. I know the reasons I fell for him. Much of it was good times, but I am making a decision not to write or call. Tonight I was looking through old emails for other times he said he'd call and didn't. this one stood out the most, after I couldn't find a job in a nearby state: "I'm tired of worrying and waiting and doubting and I want very much just to have a normal relationship with no expectations and pressure...." That was 6 months ago. and I had totally gone into denial about it and kept communicating with him!

I have a new boyfriend now, we've been together a couple of months. I do not wear rose-colored glasses but we're not going to hide or play a game or lie. I'm going out to california to see him next week. What's important to me right now is we can have fun and get to know each other more. we'll have some good memories and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

You're quite welcome. This was the ONLY post when I clicked on the link for unansered posts and I didn't want to leave it there all by itself. Thank YOU for stopping by with such a nice post.

Hi I am so lost. And found. I remember the first time that i saw her. She was walking down a set of stairs in the common area of my highschool. I could pick her voice up over the roar of a thousand people. There is something different about her. She is my soul mate i knew that the second time that i met her. In school i secretly had a crush on her and even left a broke up with a girlfriend i had been with for 5 months because the love i felt for Maggie was so great. I ended up back with the girl i had broken up with in one day. I had broken up with her on the pretence that i loved Maggie and that was all that really mattered. Time moved on.....

Two years had passed and during that time i lost contact with Maggie. I didn't really talk much to her in the first place though but the connection that i felt for her was great. I confronted her kind of about the connection and she denied it and tried to make fun of me. She was now with her boyfriend. Time moved on.....

I have been in the Marine corp. And i had moved on with many other women and relationships since my crush, But for some reason i still thought about Maggie all the time. I even tried to get in contact with her through one of her friend. She and i did. And i felt alot between us for the time that we talked but she still had a boyfriend. I stepped away i just wanted her to be happy.

I occasionally come home from deployments and everytime about ever six months when i would come home i would look for maggie and i never could find her. Untill after the war. I came home and tried to find her and i just couldn't find her. But then one day i met one of her friends and she told me where she worked at.. On a hunch i went to see if she was working and to my supprise. She was. My heart fell out of my chest. I would always think about Maggie. for four years I have secretly loved her and never told anyone. I exchanged my number with her and told her i would call. As soon as i got a hold of her i told her that i loved her and i had allways loved her and she was the one person that i regreted never letting know how i felt during the war. I swept her off of her feet.

The only problem is I live in Ca and she lives in Wa we have been together for about two months now and i feel like we can take our relationship no further. Right now i love her so much and i can't let her go because i have been given the chance of a life time to be with the love of my life. She loves me too but because of the distace things are poopy. I asked her to marry me and move down to live with me but she has to finish her school. I would deffinately leave the Marine corp if i could but i cant and i don't get out for another year and a half she has one more year after this untill her school is finished. I just need to know is a year and a half to long to wait for true love?