We broke up 6 Years Ago and I still cant get past IT!!

jessicaleighr

jessicaleighr

[font=times new roman][/font][color=darkblue][/color][color=blue][/color]

Well this guy broke up with me like 7 years ago! I was only 16 (now 23) and I still cant shake this guy! Im so mad! And now this guy I have been seeing for a while (1 1/2 years) has asked me to marry him - BUT - I cant say yes right now cause I STILL and all hung up in a way about this guy when I was 16. I always tell people I went and moved on, I act like it and all.... In fact about 2 years ago , I saw him at a bar (with his fiance!!!!) and he said hi and all.... At first I couldnt move, I thought I was going to faint.... but then I just acted like I didn't care...when I did. So My problem is WHY CANT I LET GO! I just recently found out his phone # from calling 411.... Im not sure....

A long time ago he broke up with me cause I was afraid, I told his friend I liked him instead, (thinking he would tell him) and then he didn't tell... well 6 months later.... and at that point I was so in love that I lied and said I didn't say that to his friend! And he found out I lied and broke up with me. I know we were young but what really gets to me is never really talked to me again.... and thats all I want... to sit down and talk and be able to tell him the truth face to face. Its amazing how this has affected my life.... I still cry sometime because all I want to do is let my heart rest! I just want to tell him the truth.... I know Im still in love with him (or either just cant get past this)

He was my first love, and I know they are the hardest to get past.... but its been 7 years. What is wrong with me! Somebody tell me, would contacting him be a good idea? And what would I say if I did? What would he say? How can I get over this! It is keeping me from marrying a good man! You can email me @

Jessica

You should discuss with a counsellor this situation. You need to find the answer to why after all this time you are still in love with him, but more importantly, why you can't get past it.

In my own experience, I still love the man I fell for several years ago, but I was able to accept that even though my love for him will never go away, we will never have a future together. It is possible to move on.

And I think most people here can agree that you will never love any two people exactly the same way. Don't assess how you feel/felt for him when it comes to loving others. You'll find yourself very alone in life if you do.