My Parents are dead

I'm in a stage where I'm really depressed because both of my parents are dead. When I was 14 my mom died from breast cancer, and when i was 15 my father died in the terrorist attack on September 11th. Please any advice would be highly appreciated. Its so hard to hear my friends talk about things they do with their parents, since I live with my aunt now. I just don't want to be depressed any more. :(

*Lily*

Lily,

You've gone through a lot of pain in your early life, and it is difficult to deal with loss of this level. You probably feel alone, or lost in your own heart.

I'm sure that if your mom and dad could talk with you right now, they would tell you that you are genuinely loved by a lot of people who know you, and that even though they are not here, they want you to have a happy, joyful, full life.

Please share your feelings with someone you know and love, and let them help you through this very difficult time of your life.

Still, you need support from loved ones. Tell your Aunt how you're feeling. Additionally, if you're in school, there are Guidance Counselors who can assist you through this. The Kids Help Phone is also a possibility.

You need to share this hunn. It's a lot to bear alone.

Know that God loves you, and we all are here for you, too.

Take care.

Curt

my heart goes out to you, kiddo, and it seems like anything I could say wouldn't capture what you feel.

but, something a friend wrote me when my brother died a long time ago made me smile. He told me to go ahead and cry, to not be ashamed of those tears because they aren't only tears of grief, but tears of healing. And when the tears began slowing down, I should remember that deep inside, in my heart and in my dreams, I'd see my brother always ...

So, even as you cry, remember the good that came with the sad, that you are still very much loved by them even though they are not physically with you right now. Because I think love is something similar to what energy is. You don't destroy love even though the situation changes; it simply exists and it's there for you to take.

jo anne

Since Gwen has a mom who takes her to places like piercing salons, I would advise you to look to Gwen's mom as a mother figure. There are plenty of people out there to support you emotionally. I know what you may be going through. My mother died when I was 13 and it was a very traumatic time for me...and for a long time after that.

Emily,Tony,Im so sorry this happened to the both of you.I just want to let you both know,you can PM me anytime if you ever want to talk.I certainly wont mind.Thats what friends are for.

Patty

I lost my parents within 18 months of each other. It was brutal. My heart goes out to everyone who has sufferered similar losses.

There is no time limit on grief. In my case, one just copes one day at a time. There are no easy fixes.