About me & Boyfriend & his vacation alone

imjustagirl

imjustagirl

My boyfriend and I have been dating 6 months. (I'm 23 and he's 24) Going at it really strong since date....well...3 :) (we just celebrated our anniversary on the 29th)

We work down the hall from each other...literally like 1000 feet away at the most. (I'm a computer tech and he does repair work on hospital equip...we work at a hospital)

We see each other several times a day during work (always keeping it business like, with just the "hi, how's the day going" basic stuff.

When work gets off, we're together nonstop. Lately, for the past month and a half, he's been staying the night at my house, getting up early to go home and shower to get ready for work. I wouldn't mind if he showered at my place, but I live in an apt with a VERY small water-heater (you know the kind, shave one leg one day, the next day the other!) But it's only been 6 months, so maybe it's too soon.

We've only had a "few" arguments. Basically because of his ex-wife (ya, I know...turns out he only married her because she was pregnant...turns out the little girl wasn't his...) She would call several times a day basically begging him to come back. One day on the phone to her, he looks at me, winks, blows me and kiss and goes, "look, I'm perminatly involved with someone I deeply care about, so back off would ya." That was the "last" time she ever called and interrupted our evening. Then there was a few times where he went back home (to see family, in Kansas, we live in Nebraska). Turns out, after he got back, he drove the extra hour to go see this little girl that wasn't his (weird! I know, but I trust him).

We just recently went on what my family calls, "the first overnight". (Which is funny, because they don't know he's basically living with me)

Camping...I'm a city girl that lived on a farm for 5 years....never been camping...I'd probably do it again, but with reservations (to a hilton!). It went fairly well, I think all couples should go on this "vacation" at some point. We definatly learned A LOT about others...habits! (side note...sex in a tent...very sweaty and messy!!!)

***The Rant***

A couple weeks ago, him and his brother decided that they were going camping together. Completely fine with me, as it was supposed to be for like 3 days, including driving time (out of state of course, but I was okay with it). In the middle of this vacation planning, it was brought up that they should bring their "girlfriends." He asked me and I said that was fine as I had some time off from work I could take...then a few days later, the idea was nixed completely.

Well, the Wednesday (7-30) before he left (he left on Friday, Aug 1), his brother called to ask if he was still coming on Saturday...and he was all, "ya, I'll be there"....then shortly afterward, his sister called and said that the 'rents were at her house and they wanted him and his brother to come over and they'd go camping all together....no biggie. He wanted me to drive 3 1/2 hours away to meet his family over the weekend (which, I've only talked to his sister on the phone to say hi, so at this point 6 months..I'm getting a little anxious as he's already met my family SEVERAL times). On Thursday night in bed, he tells me that I should probably stay home as he thought my car might have problems (it might, it likes to overheat, stupid Gran Dam). So I wasn't allowed to go on that.

He leaves Friday after work and calls around 9:00 when he gets to his sisters to let me know that he'll call every night while he's gone...which is fine, he's supposed to be back on Sunday right....NOOOO....plans had changed. Now he's going to be back this coming Friday around 9 - 10:00 pm! That's a whole week later. Why, because the camping trip with his sister and her family (6 of em), his sisters friend and her 3 kids, his mom and dad, his brother and his son plus him wasn't good enough. Now he had to drive another 8 hours to take his brother home and they're going camping there....until Friday morning when he heads back. AHHH (good for me tho as there's less than 48 hours I have to wait now!!) :)

Anyways, since he's left...I've been feeling extremely depressed and all mopey. I've dated before and they've left for a couple weekends plus 2 weeks at a time (army reserves), and I have NEVER felt all retarded and mopey. I've lost my appetite and just don't feel like working (which is strange, because I completely love my job).

So, when you're in love, which I'm assuming I am because I have NEVER felt so...well...in love with anyone before....is this completely normal to feel so lost without your SO?

Yes, It's pretty normal. Thing is, it might be best to do things with your friends on an ongoing basis regardless if he's around or not; or take up a hobby so that when he's gone, you're not going stir crazy with nothing to do. It really doesn't pay to invest so much time in one person, even your significant other, because when they aren't around, you can get very lonely.