Giving atheism a bad name?

I don't think it's an issue at all. You have no respect for me and I likewise have none for you.

Cheers,

D.

I hope you're not generalizing again, cause that's just total nonsense....

Atheism is, to put it simply, another belief system and you have ever right to adhere to it. We don't have to agree, but we all should respect each other's rights to believe in what we want, and NOT put the other down.....in doing so, yes, you give atheism a bad name, and some Christians do more harm than good....

I wasn't generalising, it was pretty evident that I was responding directly to somebody who has shown their disdain for me repeatedly.

For your education, atheism is also:

• Not a belief system.
  • Not my belief. (And not the first time I've pointed this out to you.)

I also respect peoples' right to believe whatever foolishness they desire, but I am under no obligation to respect the actual belief itself. And, to stop you jumping to conclusions yet again, that doesn't apply across the spectrum. Some Christians I respect, along with their version of it. Others I have none at all for. The same goes for everybody else.

Cheers,

D.

lovestruck818
Nah...it's the exact opposite of fear and pain in fact....and that, (should) appeals to everyone.

Religion as a whole doesn't always appeal to eevryone though.

I wasn't generalising, it was pretty evident that I was responding directly to somebody who has shown their disdain for me repeatedly.

For your education, atheism is also:

• Not a belief system.
  • Not my belief. (And not the first time I've pointed this out to you.)

I also respect peoples' right to believe whatever foolishness they desire, but I am under no obligation to respect the actual belief itself. And, to stop you jumping to conclusions yet again, that doesn't apply across the spectrum. Some Christians I respect, along with their version of it. Others I have none at all for. The same goes for everybody else.

Cheers,

D.

I wasn't referring to you in my second paragraph, but that's ok....I should've been clearer, I apologize.

As far as atheism not being a belief system, I still disagree.....tomAto, tomAHto.....

More like tom-ah-to, ballpoint pen. Atheism is to religion as bald is to hair colours. A belief system has a set of criteria, and atheism fails to meet just about every one of those criteria.

Cheers,

D.