Married and Still Thinking of the Ex

CrazyGirl81

CrazyGirl81

I met a guy when I was 14 years old. I think I fell for him right away. I was friends with his sister, so I'd see him here and there, and the feelings never went away. I moved hundreds of miles away, and they didn't go away. Then I moved back, and we began to be really close. I believe this is when I went over the deep end, so to say. We were together as much as possible for months, then he tells me he isn't ready for a relationship. He had a girlfriend in the past who did him really wrong. Instead of sticking around, and proving that I wasn't that type of girl, I let my pride get in the way, and I bolted. I really didn't talk to him much after that. I could tell he was really upset, but I just ignored it and flaunted other guys in his face. I had just come out of a really bad relationship, and I was thinking "I'm not getting hurt again." So, after that I met another guy who I dated for a few months and I loved him. I found out I was pregnant and we were happy and we decided to get married. That was the only thing to do. So, now 2 years later, I have a wonderful child, and not a wonderful marriage. My husband is a really great guy, everyone loves him. He doesn't abuse me and he REALLY loves me. So, I am crushed, confused, sad, etc. because I cannot stop thinking about this other guy. There hasn't been a day that has gone by that I haven't thought about him. And I know you often think of the past with blinders on, but he wasn't perfect, and I knew that, but I still loved him. I have been so depressed because of this, and I don't know what to do! I feel like my running away was the worst mistake of my life. I also think I'm crazy, becuase I haven't spoken to him in close to 3 years! I don't know if he feels the same, if he's with someone else, or if he even felt the same then. I guess there was just something when we kissed...

I know it's easy to get caught up in the "what if's and what might have been" syndrome. I think most people, at times, think back on past loves, faults and all, and still have that wonder if things could have worked out.

The fact that you're now a mom, and facing the daily stress of what being a mother and wife entails, tells me that you may perhaps yearn for that carefree life you may have once had with the other guy.

Having not seen this other man in over three years, you owe it to yourself and your husband and child to put this part of your life behind you. If there is something lacking in your marriage, by all means sit down with your husband and express your feelings to him. Perhaps try counseling together, or go on your own.

I know how hard life can be when you suddenly find yourself married and a mom in a short time...I know, I did it myself. I sure grew up in a hurry even though I was on the other side of 25.

If your husband is as loving to you and your child as you say he is, please don't abandon or break up your little family over what might of or could have been with the other guy. Try to repair your marriage and remember why you fell in love with your husband in the first place. After all, it's very hard to find many men today that are truly devoted to their wife and child and from what you say, your husband seems to be.

Best of luck and I hope I helped.