...I am feeling insecure and don't know how to stop...

XxBacktoBlackXx

Hi everyone. I hope I do not get bashed. I know I am being too sensitive, so please understand that when you read this.

I am not sure why, but I always feel hurt when my BF points out how attractive another female is...I have always been an insecure person in this manner because of certain events that have happened in my life. I don't tell him everytime that it hurts me; I merely try to deal with it inside. I have tried so hard to stop these feelings...it is painful. These are just 2 examples and I realize I am reacting strongly. This weekend, we were watching TV and a movie premiere came on. He has DVR and rewound it so I could see how much the girl in the movie looked like Britney Spears in certain shots. I agreed that she did and I said maybe that's why they cast her. He said they cast her because she's freakin' beautiful. Then later that weekend, he rewound another commercial with a model in it and said he loved this commercial and that at a certain point the actress makes the hottest face in the history of the world. He had me watch it. I don't know why but it made me feel bad.

My BF and I get along really well and I love him. He loves me too. I want to know how I can stop feeling so hurt about something so inane. Other than these comments, I have a great sense of humor. I think it makes me feel like I'm not beautiful...I don't know why.

wow i feel da same way exactly da same as you so i really wish someone can help us out give us some advice on how to stop this stupid insecurity!!!HELP!!!

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

Discuss the problem with your boyfriend, which would be the logical solution to your emotional outpouring here. If he cares he'll respect that and lay off (a little) at least. If not, retaliate (meaning you). Beyond this, you really need to evaluate the worth of this relationship considering what you've written in the past here. Nobody is worth that kind of intermittent abuse..period.

Hi everyone. I hope I do not get bashed. I know I am being too sensitive, so please understand that when you read this.

I am not sure why, but I always feel hurt when my BF points out how attractive another female is...I have always been an insecure person in this manner because of certain events that have happened in my life.

Its understandable if you feel bad because he feels the need to shove another females attractiveness in your face.

Question is, why does he feel the need to do that? What do you think he'd say if you said to him that a guy you know is "freakin' hot". He may play it off, but more than likely he won't like it too much.

I have always said, if someone finds someone else attractive, what good is to come from telling your SO that? It wouldn't even cross my mind to say out of the blue, "oh man, she is nice looking". Why would I do that?

Maybe next time he tells you how hot someone is, just tell him, "I didn't ask"

I don't tell him everytime that it hurts me; I merely try to deal with it inside. I have tried so hard to stop these feelings...it is painful. These are just 2 examples and I realize I am reacting strongly. This weekend, we were watching TV and a movie premiere came on. He has DVR and rewound it so I could see how much the girl in the movie looked like Britney Spears in certain shots. I agreed that she did and I said maybe that's why they cast her. He said they cast her because she's freakin' beautiful.

Maybe you can tell him "if thats who you want, maybe you should give it a shot and try to get her".

Then later that weekend, he rewound another commercial with a model in it and said he loved this commercial and that at a certain point the actress makes the hottest face in the history of the world. He had me watch it. I don't know why but it made me feel bad.

Looks like he has a one track mind and has no couth or sensitivity towards you. Does he think you like hearing things like this and enjoy watchin him go gaga over other women?

My BF and I get along really well and I love him. He loves me too. I want to know how I can stop feeling so hurt about something so inane. Other than these comments, I have a great sense of humor. I think it makes me feel like I'm not beautiful...I don't know why.

I don't know that is should be about you stopping feelings of hurt as much as he should just keep his mouth shut and realize you don't want to hear it.

Sounds like he has the problem to me.

• Author
XxBacktoBlackXx

I figured out what I am going to say next time he makes a comment (not about how attractive a girl is but rewinding something and making me watch it): "Good thing you're lucky enough to have a beautiful girl sitting next to you right now rather than behind a screen."

Part of why this bothers me is because he wants to be a screenwriter and pursue that in LA. His major goal is to get into the movie industry and he seems to be so into actresses. I know that's normal for guys but I don't wanna have to have something rewound to see the hottest face in the history of the world...