i got myself in a work related love triangle

carolinaboy

so this is a potential problem. there's a really popular food joint that a lot of my friends work and socialize at.

i had just gotten over a break up and was going to date casually. there's a lot of pretty, cool girls that work at this place and my best girl friend was trying to set me up with the manager. the problem was that i wasnt attracted to her but we had some stuff in common. i thought she'd make a great friend. i tried to "date" her but there was a 14 yr. age gap and the fact that i liked her as a friend.

before that, i had a crush on a girl that works there and she fell out of sight for a while.

in the meantime, the manager thing happened and i hooked up w/ a girl there that i do find attractive, but she'd never shown me the time of day before.

so long story short, the girl that i had a crush on is back full force and she wants to date, we've been spending a lot of time together, etc.

the girl i hooked up w/ is jealous now and im worried she's going to ruin this thing for me w/ work gossip and whatnot.

all of these people are my friends, this wouldnt have been a big deal if the manager thing hadnt happened. i totally regret it.

the girl im dating now knows about the manager and i mentioned the other hookup, but she was drunk and i dont know if she remembers.....

i didnt intend for this to happen. its a running jk there now between my friends....it feels like high school.

Sounds like more of a square, right? ;)

You have the older manager, some other random hookup, and your crush who you are now dating. Three girls - one of you.

LMAO.

Dude - I LOVE this story! Just so fabulous that you managed to nail three chicks in the same TGIFridays in a short-time frame. You earned the name PIMP.

So does the crush you're dating work there again, too?

• Author

all three of them are shift leaders. the g. manager and I are friends after the dating thing....the crush and I are dating and the hookup is texting me and asking me to come over tonight.

I only wanted the crush the whole time, but the random hookup is/was enticing. I didnt mean to lead anyone on, this stuff just happened so randomly.

Yeah, it's kind of PIMP, but at the same time, I've never had a situation like this, so it's a WTF kind of pimp thing.

The weirdest, funniest part about it is I was invited to their employee X Mas party by all three of them and I showed up by myself. All of the guy coworkers were like, "Are you here w/ X?" I said No. "Are you here w/ Y?" No. Are you here with Q? No. So they were like you just came here on your own....I was like yeah.

It's comical, but I'm weary of screwing this dating thing up. I've never had to deal with jealous girls.

It's a quadrangle, huh?

It's a quadrangle, huh?

:D

This is a wrecktangle.

Oh Lordy...Do these girls all know about each others' escapades with you?

I would think that they would if others were asking if you were with x, y or z at the party.

If you seriously want to date one then come clean with all of them. Come clean with the one you want to date first, then respectfully to the other 2.

...and be careful who serves you.

I wish I was young enough to have your type of problems. Actually I guess age has nothing to do with it. Hmm, now that I think about it, I prefer to only be involved with one girl at a time. It's much less complicated.

• Author

it is one of those things where if i ask my friends for advice, they just laugh and say stop bragging.

i hear ya about the one girl at a time, Wizer. it's a mess to keep up with.

i havent made any attempts to hide what's going on. it's common knowledge. i've been honest with the girl i'm dating, it's just that i don't want the random hookup girl to keep texting or making me feel like i did something wrong by choosing this new girl. i think they have a work rivalry already. the hookup girl and i are "friends" first and foremost, or at least thats what we said. there was a flirtation there that i have to nip in the bud.

it's a good problem to have, i might not eat the food anymore!!

What you have is a lot more than a love triangle. You need to leave all the women alone to be perfectly honest. I dont even want to imagine how they act towards each other. Im sure theres a lot of friction and animosity between them all. I really doubt that the girl who you do have the crush on will proceed with dating you, considering that it will be to much headache and drama at work

• Author

i think im gonna keep dating this girl. i wanted to be w/ her from the get go, i've been straightforward to everyone involved and i'm not gonna mess around anymore. contrary to these events, i'm a faithful guy. i just got sucked into the being single one night stand stuff. it wasnt like i was hanging around these girls work and taking them home afterwards, it was more like we'd all hang out as friends, drink too much and then something would happen.

i know this is gonna be a headache for them and for me, but i've been straight forward and im not gonna screw around....i'm probably just gonna date this girl and not even hang around their workplace if i can help it.

the question is, once i actually straighten up and do this, will the interest from all parties be gone?

the older manager and i are totally friends, we laugh about this stuff....

the hook up girl told me she had her eye on someone and we are friends.

it's just that one of these hookups turned out how i wanted it to initially and now i want to divert the attention from what was fun and playful to something serious.

at least the girls at your workplace were single. . . lucky that you didn't have to deal with any boyfriends, husbands, and fiancees. . .