I lost weight this past 6 weeks.

Barlowtrail

For anyone who cares i decided it was high time to drop some weight. I was 250 pounds 6'4 and not very happy about it. in this past 6 week period I've dropped 10 pounds buy doing the following

-Not eating Grains. this includes bread, rice and potatos. I find they slow me down, so I just avoided them

-Running and Joggin as I'm able. I;'m no speed machine and have always bee na poor runner. having asthma on top of that as no help. In spite of all that I still pushed myself opuit the door for a 15-20 minute run\jog as often as possible.

-Calisthenics. I do as many Sit ups, push ups, Squats, and deep knee bends as possible every night before I retire. I worked up to 30 push ups, 70 sit ups, and 40 deep knee bends, 50 squats. These are easy movements to learn, and are very taxing if you work them hard.

Results. After 6 weeks I weigh 240, and am stronger and faster than i was last month. I eat as much as i can in vegies and fruits, and make a point of not snacking, and only eating when i am hungry. Good luck everyone.

PS as soon as my weighgt is dow n to 230 I'm goiung to weight lift again.

Sounds like you've got a winning plan. I haven't heard many experts recommend exercise just before bed...but if it works for you...GREAT!!!

Barlow Trail

You're quite correct in that tony, most advise against it as it can upset your sleep. alo most belive that working out in the early morning is favorable because it raises the metabolic function for the whole day. this isn;t true.Aerobic work (running ect) raises your rsting metabolic rate for only about 5 hours, while weight lifting raises it for 15. Due to the nature of calisthenics, I'd call it closer to high rep, low weight weight lifting.

Anyways life is to busy to wake up and run at 5 am and doing calisthenics before work would leave me flat out durring the day.

Congrat Bro!

Sounds like you're doing great.

Why wait until 230 to start with the iron again though?

Barlow Trail

I want to have a good idea of my BF% and if I start lifting now, I will confuse the scale, but adding muscular weight, while loosing body fat. not a big deal for me to waite a month. I've waited this long 4 -6 weeks won;t make or break me.