(Good terms) christmas present for Ex?

Im posting this here because (although It would be nice) I know a second chance is a slim or non existant possibility between me and the ex of. We were together for over three years and I would say 90%percent of it was good.

Well its been a number of months since the split and in a nutshell Im much much better. She and i have stayed in limited contact and are on good terms. I hold no ill will.

So here is my question:

I will be seeing her this week and I would like to get her something for christmas,something small.she knows me and how I do things. I love to give and I never expect anything in return same goes for this,I expect nothing from her. So I am thinking something small but nice. Something that shows that I did not forget.

So whats acceptable?

Now I know alot of you will say screw her,get her nothing but if you were to what would you do?

Why will you be seeing her? For a xmas gathering or just a catch up thing? Well I guess a small gift is convenient considering the holiday is so close; but I don't think it should be the kind of gift a boyfriend would give a girlfriend...like no jewelry or anything like that...a nice scented candle, a gift card, or a xmas ornament, along those lines would be sensible in my opinion. Anything more extravagant than that could make it seem as though it's an attempt to buy her back, probably not the impression you want her to have.

• Author
Why will you be seeing her? For a xmas gathering or just a catch up thing? Well I guess a small gift is convenient considering the holiday is so close; but I don't think it should be the kind of gift a boyfriend would give a girlfriend...like no jewelry or anything like that...a nice scented candle, a gift card, or a xmas ornament, along those lines would be sensible in my opinion. Anything more extravagant than that could make it seem as though it's an attempt to buy her back, probably not the impression you want her to have.

Agreed. I did not want to creep her out with something such as a boyfriend gift. I Was thinking a giftcard also. I picked up a funny little greeting card last night as I was buying cards for my family Ill probably throw something in that.

So ok on the gift card how much is too much? I know there are many variables to that question but what do you think? I just do not want it to seem like some sort of attempt. I know Im treading on dangerous waters.

Well a $20-$30 Target gift card would probably be sufficient, it's simple and it's not going overboard and not suggestive romantically. That along with the greeting card.

Well a $20-$30 Target gift card would probably be sufficient, it's simple and it's not going overboard and not suggestive romantically. That along with the greeting card.

Yeah I was going to say 20 bucks and the card are more than sufficient.