I don't know if it'd be right

drummer4sho

drummer4sho

I have just graduated from h.s. this past Sun. and I still want to stay in contact w/some of my friends from school. One of the girls that I used to date is one of the people I want to keep in contact with. I told her several months ago that I would go to her and her sisters dance recital. I am over her in the sense that I don't want to be with her anymore except for being friends. When we broke up I thought she hated me, but she came to my graduation party and asked if I was still going to her recital. I told her yes. However, I want to see if she would like to go to get ice cream or something after her recital just so I can see her a little bit. I will be going off to college and she will still be in h.s. In order to ask her I have to call her. But I don't know if this would bother her or not. I want to leave her still liking me as a friend and not seeing me as a hassle. The recital is not for another couple of weeks and I was thinking of calling and asking for her sister instead because we are still friends. I would call the day before the recital I think? Do ya'll think it's o.k. to call her to try and do something or should I just go watch her dance and then not see her afterwards?

I think it would be a very nice gesture for you to call and ask her to do something harmless after the recital. However, those are very special and she may already have something planned with a group of people.

Don't worry, just call. If she says she's made other plans, then ask her for an alternate day...or a time when it's convenient for her. But do it! The sooner you ask her, the more likely she will ask that you be included if her parents or others make some sort of group plans for after the recital.

Sounds like a very nice thing to do to show her you are sincere about wanting to remain friends.

• Author
drummer4sho

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to get over the fear of calling her and as you said just do it. Thanks again for the advice.

• 4 weeks later...
sisterwhocares

what is wrong with having ice cream with a friend. as long as the two of you know that there won't be anything else between the two of you go for it. but if she's got the idea that something my come out of it then simply say sorry i just want to be friends.