Can you plan wedding in four months?

unsureinla

:confused:Does anybody have any tips on planning a wedding fast? Im getting married in just under five months exactly? Don't have anything done. Just got engaged last week..Please help. I'm in panic mode. I'm going to have about 170 people at my church wedding.

UnsureinLa

Is there any way to postpone the wedding? A friend of mine just planned her wedding in under a few months and lets just say it wasn't the greatest wedding. Weddings should take time to plan, so that you can have everything be just right.

Sorry that I don't have any tips on what your question was.

i felt pressured to have ours done in under 9 months; my W and i planned and paid for it ALL ourselves. i think someone bought her dress for her but that was it.

it can be done in your time frame...i wouldn't recommend it, but it is possible. i think the best thing to do is delegate as much as possible. i'm not sure when you send the invitations (2 months prior???) but you can go ahead and send a "save the date" deal.

delegate, delegate, delegate. can your mother help? you've got to find some enthuised folk to help out.

best of luck. you can do it!

If you can't book the venue for your reception or your Church, postpone it. Get on the phone tomorrow to ensure that both of these are available.

If you can't book the venue for your reception or your Church, postpone it. Get on the phone tomorrow to ensure that both of these are available.

Good idea. That is the reason why the wedding I am referring to above was on a Sunday.

I had over a year to plan for my wedding and I was still frustrated. The good thing is that you have the church. Now you just need to find out where you want to have the reception. Don’t forget the dress. My advice is calm down, write out a plan and have your mom and as many sisters or girlfriends help you out in the process.

Good luck and have fun!

Start by picking where you want to get married.. then go the the wedding planner at that place and ask for a vendor list of all the people they have or recommend that are familiar with working at that venue..

Then just start at the top of the list and start making phone calls..

The list's are normally very extensive and will have everything on it from food to flowers to photographers etc.. etc...

Tackle the things the come up immediately instead of putting them off.. ie:.. if you have to do couple's counseling with a minister then get it done and out of the way as fast as possible.

depends on what's most important to you. if you really want this done in this time frame, maybe consider a destination wedding. Pick a resort. Have them set it up, and send out invitations... if you can make it great! if you can't, we understand.

popey's got an excellent suggestion: Figure out where you want to do the reception and let them take care of the food/cake/set-up. My best friend did this (she had the family of her brother's girlfriend take care of the flowers and the reception decorations after they said they would contribute that as their gift), the restaurant provided food AND cake, all she had to do was pick where they were going to marry and where the reception was going to be. She also went to a consignment store that rented wedding gowns and found her outfit WAY less expensive than if she had bought it, and us two attendants were given a choice of 3-4 styles of dress to wear. She said she'd stood in enough weddings (like 8 or 9) to know that when she tied the knot, she was going to make it painless for everyone! :laugh:

There's one more possibility if you're in a hurry for whatever reason. Get yourself legally married through a Justice of Peace and then take your time planning a wedding in the next year.

Yes, you can plan a wedding in under 5 months. I planned my wedding within 6 months. I found out about a local wedding website and that helped out a lot! Your more then welcome to message me anytime though if you need any help. I really enjoyed planning my wedding and helped one of my friends plan hers. It's a lot of fun and I really enjoy it. Just start writing things down that you know you need to book and it. That will for sure help. Hope this helps hun and congrats!