My boyfirend and I just broke up. I was going to break up with him

My boyfirend and I just broke up. I was going to break up with him becuase we hadn't kissed since we started going out and well...I wasn't getting the vibe you know? But then when I brought it up, it turned out he was thinking about it too. Well, now he's telling poeple HE broke up with ME which ...I think he may pride himself on.

Also there's one more twist. He says he still wants to be friends. He even said he'd call me and we could do something tomorrow (we broke up yesterday and he only lives about a block away.) I have no idea WHAT to think...help!!! (And PLEASE don't just say "betrue to yourself" or "Be strong" or...you know...give me a good answer people please :confused:

Thaknks guys,

MAggie (newie)

It's my humble opinion that if the two of you never kissed while you were "going out" you were just friends all the time. There was really nothing to break up about.

And if he was thinking about breaking up with you as well because he never kissed you, what kind of wimp is he anyway and why would you want him for a boyfriend? MEN go for what they want and they make a move when it's time.

I don't see any reason whatsoever why the two of you can't be friends. Maybe he will finally kiss you if that happens!!!

i'd try by taking it slow and see how things progress, if you both feel that you can get along with one another and both be happy then why not give it a go. Your first kiss should happen if you both want it to and you both give it a chance.

• Author

Since I posted that message, he's been telling everyone that he dumped me. I think Tony's right and he is a whimp. I think the reason he's telling everyone that he broke up with ME is that he has with all his other girlfreinds before me so he has an image to up-hold. I agree that he was the one who suggested beaking things off, but the way he tells it ..."She probablly dried"..."I hope I didn't hurt her too much"...at least that's what I heard. We both liked each other, but the truth is, I think he was/still is too immature for a real relationship. I'm glad we are just friends, and hope that we remain firneds.

hahaha I remember high school. I was going out with this guy and we ended up kising each other after school once. OMG was it bad!!!!

So I told my friends that i was going to dump him(and I was) he got word of it and dumped me first. I was kinda annoyed because you don't want the whole "Omg you got dumped?" at high school but I got over it. Who cares so he dumped someone and that person was me. Every other chick who went out with him knew I was right :)