Lost love

Where to start? About 4 months ago I started talking to this guy, that I had gone to highschool with, online. He is going to college in another state, so one weekend he asked me to go there and visit him, because a mutual friend was also going that weekend, to see his girlfriend who also goes there, so I did.

We had an instant connection and from that weekend on we were together whenever possible. I made many trips there to see him and he made many home to see me. He really is the greatest guy I have ever met and I love him dearly and I know that he felt the same.

Well we spent a lot of time together during the christmas break and when he went back to school things seemed great. The distance had never really been an issue for us because between work and school we were both extremely busy during the week anyway, and we talked everyday, which I think made it easier for us to really get to know each other.

So anyways when he went back he started to pull away, then one night I confronted him about it and he end up breaking up with me, because he said he thought he had feelings for someone else and he didn't think it was fair to me for him to stay with me. Well since then I have talked online to him several times and each time he makes it a point to tell me that he hasn't moved on and when he broke up with me he told me that nothing is permanent. Just before he went back to school he told me that he thought I was "the one".

He is a very sincere guy and isn't the type of guy to say something like that unless he is really feeling it because he was hurt very badly in the past. Anyways I don't know what to do I really want to be with him. It takes everything in me to not pick up the phone and call him or to drive down and see him. Any advice?

This isn't my first serious relationship, I was with my ex for 3 1/2 years, and we were living together when we split up. But this is hitting me much harder. Am I totally crazy???

This guy is full of crap. He was dating you and telling you how wonderful you were...then he comes along and tells you he's having feelings for somebody else and breaks up with you. How does that happen?

He still gives you these lines like you are the one and all that. He's either a real jerko or he's confused as all get outs.

I'd stay away from this guy for a while until he gets his head screwed on right. Otherwise, you could be in for some real hurtin'.

You aren't going crazy but you've got to be strong here. You can't just sit back and let this guy jerk your feelings around like he's doing. Just stay away from him until he gets his balance. No matter how wonderful you may think he is, he is still showing some jerky behavior.

ThisGirlNameKD

It sounds like this guy wants you to be a stand-by. He's not really interested in you enough to commit, but he's feeding you all of these pretty words to make you stay interested in him. It could very well be that he was into someone else and that broke off, so he decided to get back with you until someone else comes along and so on and so on. You may think this guy is being sincere, but his actions are not saying that he is. Don't let him confuse you.