warning signs?

British Kid

British Kid

For me, this is a complicated situation so I'll try my best to explain it.

Basically, I've been feeling neglected in my relationship of 5 months, especially the during last month or so. However, I'm not sure if it's because of her disinterest (or whatever) or just because of the times. Seems like the events in her life of the last month have put her on edge. It seems like she's never happy, and that upsets me because we haven't been able to be together. All I want to do is help and comfort her, but all she does is push me away when I offer help or anything. The few good days there have been, she spends with others (which is fine, she said her friends come first and I can respect that) but she makes no effort to even communicate with me. She used to call a lot and we'd talk for a long time, but lately I can't even talk to her when I call. We'll talk for maybe 2 minutes, then she'll ask if she can call back later (usually right in the middle of a conversation). She does, but then its only another few minutes, and she's gone again. Its just making me feel frustrated and sad more than anything. I know I've pushed her away (unintentionally) before, and I've been trying my best to change that, but she hasn't gotten the chance to see it yet because we're never together.

I don't know what to do or say, but right now my plan is to wait a few months and see if the change in seasons and life make things go back to the way they were. is this misguided?

Unless you're not ready to break things off with her, the only thing you can really do is to wait and see.

Though, when I was dating a seemingly great guy and I had trouble breaking things off because he hadn't done anything wrong, I acted the same way. I stopped calling him. When I would see him around town, I would rush off. I was also going through difficult times when I dated this guy...I ultimately did break things off when I realized how poorly I was treating him.

With my current boyfriend, he's been a tremendous comfort to me as I am finally coming out of my difficult times...Lastly, you might want to ask yourself if waiting to see if she's going to come around would be worth your time and energy and will you be prepared if she doesn't come around?

peace_pipe
The few good days there have been, she spends with others (which is fine, she said her friends come first and I can respect that) but she makes no effort to even communicate with me.

The above speaks volumes. If you were dating, it would be different.

You are supposed to be in a committed relationship, right?

If her friends come first then the former statement is a lie.

In order to be in a committed relationship, her emotional priorities should lie with you, not her friends. Not saying she should not have friends, but that is a bold statement to make to a partner.

• Author
British Kid
The above speaks volumes. If you were dating, it would be different.

You are supposed to be in a committed relationship, right?

If her friends come first then the former statement is a lie.

In order to be in a committed relationship, her emotional priorities should lie with you, not her friends. Not saying she should not have friends, but that is a bold statement to make to a partner.

makes sense...

but what exactly is a "committed relationship"? how do you define it? do different people view it differently?

I think she wants out but has not yet told you...or just want to put you 'on hold' for a while.

You have waaay more patience than I do... I would simply move on. Why waste your time and energy on someone who just don't seem to give a hoot about your feelings...

My feeling is that, if you break up, if she's interested, she'll be back crawling for you. Be independant...it works every time.