Self esteem issues/self image issues and general insecurity

Hi people, first time posting here. Basically...I've got together with a girl who imo is absolutely amazing, we haven't been together long but when we're together we (well I at least, and she seems to) have a great time. Basically, we both are thinking that this relationship could last...the problem is, I have such a hard time accepting that she actually likes me. I'm constantly getting into a rut over my appearance, thinking that I'm way out of her league, getting paranoid about why she would be interested in me as imo I can't see what I have to offer...not to mention that shes very attractive and as a result gets a bit of attention when we're out, this really isn't helping...but I think the world of this girl and want to be comfortable in my own skin as it were so that I can enjoy myself more...sorry for the long winded post but thats about the best way I can describe the general problems I'm having atm.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi people, first time posting here. Basically...I've got together with a girl who imo is absolutely amazing, we haven't been together long but when we're together we (well I at least, and she seems to) have a great time. Basically, we both are thinking that this relationship could last...the problem is, I have such a hard time accepting that she actually likes me. I'm constantly getting into a rut over my appearance, thinking that I'm way out of her league, getting paranoid about why she would be interested in me as imo I can't see what I have to offer...not to mention that shes very attractive and as a result gets a bit of attention when we're out, this really isn't helping...but I think the world of this girl and want to be comfortable in my own skin as it were so that I can enjoy myself more...sorry for the long winded post but thats about the best way I can describe the general problems I'm having atm.

Hi same poster here, is anyone willing to give some input here?

Boy how old are you?

If the girl didn't like you, she wouldn't go out with you. You should feel good about yourself. If she's amazing and pretty and wants to be with you it simply means that you deserve it and are able to offer a lot.

Enjoy the time that you spend with her.

Boy how old are you?

If the girl didn't like you, she wouldn't go out with you. You should feel good about yourself. If she's amazing and pretty and wants to be with you it simply means that you deserve it and are able to offer a lot.

Enjoy the time that you spend with her.

I'm 18. Thanks for the words mate, I guess you're right. Though sometimes it's hard to shake the doubt in the back of my mind if you know what I mean.