All's fair in love and war...right?

OK theres this girl at school whom I've had a thing for since like 9th grade (senior now) but I've always kindof dismissed her because I thought she was just one of those nice girls who are nice to everyone and that I didn't have a chance. So I moved on dated and had crushes on other girls but she was always kindof in the back of my head, after all our lockers have been next to each other since 9th grade. Well several weeks ago my best friend was hanging out with said girl and her sister, and he did like he always does, he tried to sell me to them both to see if they would go out with me. Well it turns out that the girl had a crush on me for a great while and that she thinks I am hot. But unfortunatly this came to light about a week after she had a first date with this semi-friend of mine, but she still relayed messages to me to ask her out, but I opted out because I thought this guy generally liked her and I didn't want to cause any drama.

But it's not like I just ignored her, I still flirted with her at school and she still seems interested in me. Well I learned a few weeks ago that he doesn't really like her, and apparently is in it for the nookie. So I was sitting yesturday and I was watching American Wedding (I know its not the most romantic movie ever, but it still got me thinking) and I realized that I like her even more than I have let myself realize. Plus they don't seem all that serious, and shes still giving me looks and flirting back, so I have decided that I'm going to get her number and talk with her OUTSIDE of school, and start hanging out with her and put on my charms and show her what I think she already knows, that I'm better for her than he is. I would never had done this before for worry that he'd get pissy about it, but hey...All's fair in love and war, right?

The only problem in telling her is that people believe what they want to believe. She may get upset with you for suggesting she is must a piece of nookie to another guy.

Why don't you just beef up the flirting and let her know she has other options?? Maybe she'll come to the decision to break it off all by herself.

• Author

actually thats exactly what I was suggesting, I don't think I'll even tell her, because hey why should she believe that he's using her if she's being told so by a guy who wants her himself?

• Author

Well an interesting turn of events. Today I was all ready for my full on offensive (:p) but I couldnt find her anywhere. Thats because she was in the bathroom for like 3 hours, upset because the dude broke up with her. If I hadnt been told this I wouldnt of known because she acted just like she always does. So now the question is, what should I do now? Go for it or give her a little time or what?

Give her some time to get over the breakup. You don't want a "rebound" shadow hanging over you, even if unintentionally. Who knows? She may bounce back quicker than one would think.

Thats because she was in the bathroom for like 3 hours....

3 hours? And nobody noticed or reported her missing from class? Not necessarily those who knew what the situation was, but for some reason in this day and age I would think if I hadn't been seen in 3 hours at school there would be search parties scouring the halls for sure!

• Author

Well yet another interesting turn of events...I heard through the grapeline that is my group of friends that she originially just wanted to f*ck me but now she really likes me. So I'm going to flirt pretty heavily this week and then on Saturday my friend has set up a movie night at which I'll probably get some action and a new relationship :)