Dinner at her place... 2nd Date!?

silentnoone

She has invited me over for dinner at her place for a second date. I'm new to the dating scene and don't really know what to expect in regards to making out, sex, or whatever else might happen. I'm not really expecting any of it but want to be prepared. We both are coming off of long term relationships and I don't want to rush into things cause I really do like her. I just don't want things to be awkward... any advice on what to expect is appreciated!

ThsAmericanLife
She has invited me over for dinner at her place for a second date. I'm new to the dating scene and don't really know what to expect in regards to making out, sex, or whatever else might happen. I'm not really expecting any of it but want to be prepared. We both are coming off of long term relationships and I don't want to rush into things cause I really do like her. I just don't want things to be awkward... any advice on what to expect is appreciated!

If you do some reading here... you'll see that most relationships that start with sex on a 2nd date don't usually end well.

If you don't want to rush into things and you really like her, don't put yourself in a position where you will be vulnerable. I'd say no to dinner at her place in that case.

Save that for when you know each other better. Or, be ok with the fact you may or may not get some sex, but it won't lead to anything more meaningful.. and you or she probably won't like each other much when it is all said and done. That isn't always the case of course, but that is usually how it ends up...

Just follow her lead...my last gf on probably the 3rd or 4th date I invited her over for dinner, cooked a nice steak dinner went well...I wasn't expecting sex and it didnt get there which is fine...I typically follow the female's lead on the sex thing...it is also good to talk about it before hand....have you always used protection, virgin (yes or no), etc...