I Did It!

i made a mess

i made a mess

So a week or so ago, I posted about how I was the dumper commitment phobe and on the quest to right the wrong I've done and really put myself out there to my ex to let him know how much I do care for him and want to be with him. (despite my hot and cold behavior over the last year).

Well...I didn't go as far as to just show up to his house to talk since his number has been changed, but I did put my thoughts on paper and sent him a handwritten letter. (and no I didn't do this while drinking a bottle of wine listening to 98 degrees sing "yesterdays letter" as tempting as it was:laugh:) I didn't pour my heart out, or beg for him to take me back. What I did do was apologize with "I'm sorry". I told him exactly how I felt (what I should have told him all along), gave him a quick rundown of why I pushed him away, and told him how happy he makes me, and that if god willing, he wanted to start over or give me a 2nd chance, I'd work as hard as I had to regain his trust. I ended it with "I meant what I said when I told you I love you". It was the front of one page and a third of the back. Who knew expressing your feelings could be so scary and leave you feeling so vulnerable.

I feel a little better having written the letter and get my feelings to him. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to tell him face to face and who doesn't appreciate a handwritten letter in the name of love? I'm hoping for the best but prepared for the worst

Gentleman of LS - how do you feel about receiving a handwritten letter? Is it too cheesy?

I'd love to get a hand written letter from my ex. It's a lot better than an SMS message. It means a lot more too.

That's how my ex broke up with me, through SMS. Some people just don't have the courage/pride/balls to do it to someones face.

I applaud you for what you have done. Good job!

I'd love to get a handwritten letter but in my case I know it would say nothing I want to hear. I find nothing too cheesy when it comes to feelings though.

I have written them and it feels good to do it but once you've sent it, it is indeed very scary and leaves you very vulnerable.

• Author
i made a mess
I'd love to get a hand written letter from my ex. It's a lot better than an SMS message. It means a lot more too.

That's how my ex broke up with me, through SMS. Some people just don't have the courage/pride/balls to do it to someones face.

I applaud you for what you have done. Good job!

I have really tried to steer away from texts as of late. I took a step back and deleted my facebook page and am trying to go back to the old school way of actually talking to people. Real communication. I look back and see the letters my grandparents exchanged a long time ago...what will our children have in the future to look back at? Old emails that they have no access to, text messages?? Lets bring back the power of the written letter...it makes my day to get one in the mail. :love:

That was wrong to do via text, however, I must admit that I've done it before. Excuses suck, but I hate hurting someone and it was easier for me to not hear the hurt or disappointment. It was a total cop out for me to do but in my mind I was too scared to hurt that person so it was the "easy way out".

SimonSerenade

I wish you were my ex right now regretting her decision, I loved her big time, I'd kill for any sort of reach out even if it was by text, Anything would light up my day if it came from her, I think you have to stay loyal now and stick with what your saying, Be the girl that can't be moved, Be stubborn in the way you always should of been, Right by his side, Anybody would kill right now on this site for there ex to come back with realisations and sending off letters and all that, You may expect the worst but if he loves you he'll appreciate it what your doing.

'claps hands' and 'nods head'

bravo.

If my ex did that I would be over the moon! Im not sure I could get back with her but hell, I would defo want to throw away NC!

honestly well done, its such a lovely thing and hand written letter? Vintage Love! I love it!

I hope everything works out x

• Author
i made a mess
'claps hands' and 'nods head'

bravo.

If my ex did that I would be over the moon! Im not sure I could get back with her but hell, I would defo want to throw away NC!

honestly well done, its such a lovely thing and hand written letter? Vintage Love! I love it!

I hope everything works out x

Thank you. Me too! I think handwritten letters are soo romantic and old fashion. I am an old soul trapped in a 27 year old's body and love the old school romance. Fingers crossed that it gets to him and that it at least opens the door for communication. :love:

I'm amazed at how much our situations sound similar. I didn't do a handwritten letter though (I wish I had), mine was done through an e-mail that I was feverishly typing on my blackberry before they closed the cabin door of my plane home. I couldn't stop thinking about my ex-husband, how terrible I felt for what I did, how much I still loved him and if he ever wanted to try again, the door is open.

You will probably get something back, but realize that you are in for a roller-coaster. Most especially if he has not completely gotten over the hurt.

ha ha i am 27 too, Letters are the way forward and so much more special.

Takes time to write them and patience for the intended person to get them but oh boy when they get them its amazing! Me and my ex used to send letters to each other and it was sooooo much more special than a text or email! Plus it gives you physical things you can cherish forever! Also I think most people in Love like to send letters, its always kinda filmy posting them off and waiting for your lover to respond in kind!

My fingers are well and truly crossed for you! Good luck and let us know how it goes x

• Author
i made a mess

So I haven't heard anything and I'm plagued with the "why hasn't he called" "what if he didn't get it" etc. To just completely without warning stop talking to someone after a year is abnormal to me. I have been trying to figure out still if just going to his house and talking is a viable option. Fear has me frozen. What if some girl is there, what if I can't get the words out.

So I wanna go after work and talk to him if he's home. Is that completely crazy? Part of me justs to see if he's physically ok. We don't have mutual friends and with him being a police officer I just always think the worse. Should I go?

Don't go! It's a little wierd! Just give him space he may need it to digest what you have written. Or maybe he doesn't want to reply, going will make it seem slightly wierd I'm really sorry, I know it's not what you want to hear but remember he may just not want to get hurt again?

Sorry he hasn't replied yet x