Duke University Sex Scandal

Toodamnpragmatic

Toodamnpragmatic

Maybe a little overhyped and sadly she will make millions from it...... A big story of a woman and her powerpoint presentation as to the athletes she bedded in her years at Duke (note all white and no Football or B-Ball players).... She's now embarrassed and should be more for her loose morals, bad sense of humour, badly written "report", and how easy she was.....

I know I am now an old coot and am shocked at how easy some women are and the casualness of sex today.....

Geez, others may read other things into her report, but I just saw a woman, thinking she is asserting her feminism, by bedding Athletes most concerned about their bodies (and later their appendages) and noting not a single conquest actually had to buy her so much as a drink or wine and dine her or treat her with any respect or lord actually pursue a pseudo-relationship.... These males sadly need only to have a buff body, "bad boy" qualities, the ability to easily converse in sexual innuendo (or sexts) and have the confidense to hit easily upon a drunk co-ed in a bar on the dance floor......

While no threesomes, how sad she often couldn't find a bed to do it in or have privacy, she did reach the lowpoint when upon finishing off with one subject, "hooked-up" with another as she was doing the walk of shame....

So guys, what have we leaned.... Study less, concentrate on getting to the gym and lift some weights and do some sit-ups, forget treating women with much respect or courting them.... Just hang out at the College bar, act somewhat aloof with your friends, grab the hot-looking co-ed who is already lit up and make somewhat lewd comments but don't worry too much whether you get her or not, because they'll be someone else ready to be groped and seduced beside her...... Oh and forget about actually meeting someone in class, activities or the library .......

Is this how easy or sad it has become?

This woman is a real sad indictment to all co-eds and anyone claiming she is just doing what men have done for ages is completely missing the point.

So guys, what have we leaned.... Study less, concentrate on getting to the gym and lift some weights and do some sit-ups, forget treating women with much respect or courting them.... Just hang out at the College bar, act somewhat aloof with your friends, grab the hot-looking co-ed who is already lit up and make somewhat lewd comments but don't worry too much whether you get her or not, because they'll be someone else ready to be groped and seduced beside her...... Oh and forget about actually meeting someone in class, activities or the library .......

You've learned all that about the business of having relationships with women, from one woman who made a hobby out of sleeping with as many athletes as she could and delivered a powerpoint presentation on it?

You've learned what you need to do, and be, in order to attract that woman? That's strange, because from your post it doesn't sound as though you rated her very highly.

Or do you believe that she can in some way teach you something that you can apply universally to women? That because she delivered this powerpoint presentation, it's suddenly okay to grab and make lewd comments to the first pretty woman you see? We've just been talking about guys who think like that over on the rape thread (this same section).

Why don't you take a read of it and get views from a selection of women, instead of basing your notions of women on some publicity seeking z-lister who sleeps with athletes as a lucrative hobby?

OP, this is really good information which can help you lead a happier, healthier, more peaceful life. It's all right there. Doesn't matter whether you're married or not. Man, I love it when good information comes my way. :)

BTW, the information is designed to assist you in learning what kind of humans to happily *AVOID*

Untouchable_Fire

Is this how easy or sad it has become?

This woman is a real sad indictment to all co-eds and anyone claiming she is just doing what men have done for ages is completely missing the point.

I really don't even have the energy to make a solid comment. There are 50,000,000 other women just like her in this country. Go us.

So let me get this straight... She slept with 13 guys over the course of 4 years and that is somehow mind boggling? That's maybe only slightly above average for today's generation of young females. I knew girls in college with 40 or 50 under their belt by junior year.

Where this girl screwed up was by thinking that her stupid powerpoint would somehow not get leaked out to the rest of the world. She portrayed herself as a slut without necessarily having slut credentials (other than remaining in a narrow subset of guys, i.e. doing the whole lacrosse and baseball team, haha).

I started reading the "presentation" and got supremely bored after about the 6th slide. She's nothing but a sweat pig. Easy to spot from a mile away, easy to avoid if so desired. No skin off my backside, you know?

So let me get this straight... She slept with 13 guys over the course of 4 years and that is somehow mind boggling? That's maybe only slightly above average for today's generation of young females. I knew girls in college with 40 or 50 under their belt by junior year.

13 in 4 years? That's hardly "stop the press...what's the world coming to??" stuff. Translates as 1 guy every three months. If she actually set out with the dubious goal of being shamelessly promiscuous, that's a pretty embarrassing result.

TheBigQuestion

I'm seriously regretting having never played lacrosse. For whatever reason, lacrosse players, whether at Duke or anywhere else, seem to get more ass than a toilet seat. :p

Anyway, 13 in 4 years is not that big a deal. This girl is very much an idiot though.

• Author
Toodamnpragmatic
13 in 4 years? That's hardly "stop the press...what's the world coming to??" stuff. Translates as 1 guy every three months. If she actually set out with the dubious goal of being shamelessly promiscuous, that's a pretty embarrassing result.

typical how people miss the point..... It's the fact that it was just about getting laid, the complete lack of emotion, relationship, courting or a dating scenario.

Yep, I am an old fuddy-duddy, but certainly hope my daughter is nothing at all like this person, who I hope is a unique case, but I seem to doubt it.

Read the 42 pages, it is quite the eye-opener..... Not once as said did she mention a relationship with anyone or meeting anywhere except the various bars on campus. Actually I expect there were others, but maybe not on the "school team" that she slept with......

I'm seriously regretting having never played lacrosse. For whatever reason, lacrosse players, whether at Duke or anywhere else, seem to get more ass than a toilet seat. :p

Anyway, 13 in 4 years is not that big a deal. This girl is very much an idiot though.

Duke-they had that infamous " lacrosse group date rape case" not too long ago, you know? That was a circus.

anyway, about that 'honor's" thesis. "HORIZONTAL ACADEMICS"???????? really? and oh, she didn't mean for it to become public...oh my goodness and here I thought, all submitted thesis become the school's property and can be accessed? Can someone clarify this?

What if this woman was a man writing about his sexploits in college? I really do not understand why she is hailed as "empowered"...and for those keeping scores-"men do it all the time"- descending to this level somehow levels the playing field-empowering? how?

By the way, I read the author is in hiding and absolutely contrite and remorseful...some empowerment.

TheBigQuestion
Duke-they had that infamous " lacrosse group date rape case" not too long ago, you know? That was a circus.

anyway, about that 'honor's" thesis. "HORIZONTAL ACADEMICS"???????? really? and oh, she didn't mean for it to become public...oh my goodness and here I thought, all submitted thesis become the school's property and can be accessed? Can someone clarify this?

What if this woman was a man writing about his sexploits in college? I really do not understand why she is hailed as "empowered"...and for those keeping scores-"men do it all the time"- descending to this level somehow levels the playing field-empowering? how?

By the way, I read the author is in hiding and absolutely contrite and remorseful...some empowerment.

Yeah I remember the Duke lacrosse scandal. Everyone assumed the players were guilty and the accusation ended up being a complete farce.

Skanks, all of them. The average woman self-reports having only 3 partners on average their entire LIVES! 3..in their entire lives. Even if that's BS and it's 3x that it's still a drop in the bucket compared to her numbers of which it's only a 4 year window into her life. And for 40 or 50 by their junior year, the fact of the matter is none of those women will be marriage material. Woe is the man who finds this out after it's too late.

http://roissy.wordpress.com/2010/09/16/why-sluts-make-bad-wives/

Well, the science has arrived; at least, the science that proves that sluts are suckers’ bets for LTRs or marriage. You want to marry or have a loving long-term relationship with a girl without an elevated risk that she’ll divorce you or cheat on you? Then you had better get good real fast at screening the sluts from the relatively chaste girls so that you can lavish your resources and commitment on the latter.

The Social Pathologist has crunched the numbers, and the verdict is in: women with lots of past partners are more likely to divorce than women who didn’t take a self-empowering spin on the cock carousel.

teachman.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I never said that this girl or any of the "high numbered" girls I knew in college would make good relationship material. All I'm saying is that this isn't uncommon by any stretch of the imagination.

No person would want his or her daughter to be like that, and I can't imagine most people looking for a long term partner in one of them...

The point I was trying to make is that 13 guys in 4 years is high, but not astronomically, no-doubt-about-it-somethings-wrong-with-this-girl, high. She's obviously a ho-bag, but not because of the number. What makes her a slut is the way she essentially bragged about her exploits. She was using them just as much as they were using her.

LucreziaBorgia

She is a 'collector'. I live in a college town and there are plenty of girls just like her. Some collect guys in bands, others collect DJ's, others collect athletes. The collectors are obvious targets for guys looking for NSA hookups (often like the ones Miz Duke U. collector described, where there wasn't even the ruse of a 'date'), and I hate to say it, but these girls are pretty proud of their 'accomplishments'.

I can remember being at a show where a friend of mine was playing with his band and a girl asked me 'which ones have you slept with? I've slept with all of them!'. I just looked at her puzzled and said 'none of them'. She then insisted on telling me about how each one was in bed.

Like I said, it isn't unusual in college towns.

Lawsuits are gonna fly over this. False light, defamation, invasion of privacy. Filed by the men.

This doesn't say anything about women in general. She's low class despite the education. It proves book smarts doesn't equal wisdom.

My wife saw it and thought it's sad, not at all empowering. I can't picture any of our friends' wives even remotely thought this is classy or empowering.

For the records, when I was in college, I thought such public talk was crude, whether from guy or girl. Many of my MALE friends feel the same way.

I worked to put myself through college, and wasn't interested in paying good money (and time) to listen to such crap from guys or girls.

Lawsuits are gonna fly over this. False light, defamation, invasion of privacy. Filed by the men.

This doesn't say anything about women in general. She's low class despite the education. It proves book smarts doesn't equal wisdom.

My wife saw it and thought it's sad, not at all empowering. I can't picture any of our friends' wives even remotely thought this is classy or empowering.

For the records, when I was in college, I thought such public talk was crude, whether from guy or girl. Many of my MALE friends feel the same way.

I worked to put myself through college, and wasn't interested in paying good money (and time) to listen to such crap from guys or girls.

It would be pretty dumb to sue this women? How is she going to get any money? Do you think she will actually be a successful person? She is pretty much unemployable at this point. Who will hire her? A strip club maybe and thats it.

It would be pretty dumb to sue this women? How is she going to get any money? Do you think she will actually be a successful person? She is pretty much unemployable at this point. Who will hire her? A strip club maybe and thats it.

Agree.

But if she has half a brain (a debatable proposition given what she has done), she'd be getting a publicist and get some money from her 15 minutes of fame. That means a (ghost-written) book, may be some (ghost-written) advice column position, may be even a TV/radio gig. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if publicists and agents already contacted her, offering contacts and gigs in exchange for a cut.

The trailer park crowd eats this up, just like they have been eating up Jerry Springer for years.

It showed low character and poor judgement for her to assign numerical values to other human beings and share explicit details of their sexual shortcomings in writing, doubly so if she actually intended to reach a wide audience. If she seduced these boys just to write about them for her friends, I think that's morally unsound and there could be some schmutz on her soul. I also find her taste in sex partners pretty dubious, but I was never into jocks, fratboys and/or meatheads myself.

But the fact that she had some sexual escapades and enjoyed herself physically without particular shame? Hormonal young people enjoy sex, film at eleven :rolleyes:. I think it's a bit sad that some people are so threatened by that. She made a bitch move, but everyone's focused on calling her a skank or a slut. Wrong focus, IMO.

I personally advocate for serial monogamy and safe sex, and her numbers are higher than my own were at her age, but thirteen sex partners in four years doesn't make me clutch my pearls--nor does the idea of a young woman having sex simply for the physical release and athleticism of sex. I usually attach more meaning to it myself, but I don't feel a need to sit in judgment over people's sex lives because they're not exactly like mine. She wasn't assaulting anyone, she wasn't cheating on anyone, she wasn't seducing married men, she wasn't knowingly transmitting disease. I just hope everybody had a good time and was responsible about condoms and birth control.

And TDP, I'm a bit surprised at your claim to have 'learned about women' from this overblown media debacle. You fill up the marriage boards with your difficulty in getting any sex at all from the woman nearest and dearest to you, so I'd think it should be rather obvious to you that there's quite a wide spectrum of female sexuality and sexual behavior out there.

Edited by Stung

I really don't see why this is news.

Everbody hear about Brett Favre's nudie photos? I'd rather see those over that powerpoint any day.

• Author
Toodamnpragmatic
It showed low character and poor judgement for her to assign numerical values to other human beings and share explicit details of their sexual shortcomings in writing, doubly so if she actually intended to reach a wide audience. If she seduced these boys just to write about them for her friends, I think that's morally unsound and there could be some schmutz on her soul. I also find her taste in sex partners pretty dubious, but I was never into jocks, fratboys and/or meatheads myself.

But the fact that she had some sexual escapades and enjoyed herself physically without particular shame? Hormonal young people enjoy sex, film at eleven :rolleyes:. I think it's a bit sad that some people are so threatened by that. She made a bitch move, but everyone's focused on calling her a skank or a slut. Wrong focus, IMO.

I personally advocate for serial monogamy and safe sex, and her numbers are higher than my own were at her age, but thirteen sex partners in four years doesn't make me clutch my pearls--nor does the idea of a young woman having sex simply for the physical release and athleticism of sex. I usually attach more meaning to it myself, but I don't feel a need to sit in judgment over people's sex lives because they're not exactly like mine. She wasn't assaulting anyone, she wasn't cheating on anyone, she wasn't seducing married men, she wasn't knowingly transmitting disease. I just hope everybody had a good time and was responsible about condoms and birth control.

And TDP, I'm a bit surprised at your claim to have 'learned about women' from this overblown media debacle. You fill up the marriage boards with your difficulty in getting any sex at all from the woman nearest and dearest to you, so I'd think it should be rather obvious to you that there's quite a wide spectrum of female sexuality and sexual behavior out there.

No I am more worried about the images, perceptions and commentary surrounding this story as a father of a daughter about to enter university. Sexuality is one thing, but this was a string of for all intents and purposes One Night Stands, where there was no relationship or courtship and all except one the result of significant drinking.....

In the four years at University (year one was frat boys, prior to her pursuit of only athletes) and there is no mention or comment as to an actual traditional Boyfriend/Girlfriend scenario.....

She is a 'collector'. I live in a college town and there are plenty of girls just like her. Some collect guys in bands, others collect DJ's, others collect athletes. The collectors are obvious targets for guys looking for NSA hookups (often like the ones Miz Duke U. collector described, where there wasn't even the ruse of a 'date'), and I hate to say it, but these girls are pretty proud of their 'accomplishments'.

FYI they're called "groupies".

No I am more worried about the images, perceptions and commentary surrounding this story as a father of a daughter about to enter university. Sexuality is one thing, but this was a string of for all intents and purposes One Night Stands, where there was no relationship or courtship and all except one the result of significant drinking.....

In the four years at University (year one was frat boys, prior to her pursuit of only athletes) and there is no mention or comment as to an actual traditional Boyfriend/Girlfriend scenario.....

As a mother, THIS upset I can certainly understand. Nobody wants their kids to throw themselves into some soulless party life and forget to treat themselves like the precious light their parents recognize them for--I'm sure you want your daughter to have love, and be admired and respected. I'm sure you want her to be a responsible drinker, and to understand that if entering into a sexual arena while under the influence, events could very unfortunately spin out of her control. That's understandable, and commendable. She's at a vulnerable age, and you and your wife should definitely open up communication about such things, if you haven't already. I definitely wouldn't lead with angry soliloquizing about how this incident shows that women today are corrupt and easy, however. That really leads astray from your point, which is really only that you are afraid for your beautiful daughter and want her to be healthy and safe and held in love.

I am at something of a remove from the media hullaballoo about this so I might be off, but I was under the impression that mostly the reception of her 'presentation' has been negative, right? Most of the feedback I have heard about this has ranged from bored to offended, with very little positive regard. This girl is now 'notorious,' which is different from 'celebrated.' Granted, she will probably be able to turn her notoriety into something lucrative, but that's a whole other conversation about what's wrong with society at large.

• Author
Toodamnpragmatic
As a mother, THIS upset I can certainly understand. Nobody wants their kids to throw themselves into some soulless party life and forget to treat themselves like the precious light their parents recognize them for--I'm sure you want your daughter to have love, and be admired and respected. I'm sure you want her to be a responsible drinker, and to understand that if entering into a sexual arena while under the influence, events could very unfortunately spin out of her control. That's understandable, and commendable. She's at a vulnerable age, and you and your wife should definitely open up communication about such things, if you haven't already. I definitely wouldn't lead with angry soliloquizing about how this incident shows that women today are corrupt and easy, however. That really leads astray from your point, which is really only that you are afraid for your beautiful daughter and want her to be healthy and safe and held in love.

I am at something of a remove from the media hullaballoo about this so I might be off, but I was under the impression that mostly the reception of her 'presentation' has been negative, right? Most of the feedback I have heard about this has ranged from bored to offended, with very little positive regard. This girl is now 'notorious,' which is different from 'celebrated.' Granted, she will probably be able to turn her notoriety into something lucrative, but that's a whole other conversation about what's wrong with society at large.

While the majority have condemned the list, others have celebrated her honesty and open sexuality and the so-called "shoe on the other foot" openness of the "list"...

But also I wrote the thread to see others' responses and what they thought. Yes it also sends the wrong message to men as to how to treat women and thinking all one needs is to have a buff bod, square jaw and a place where women are liquored up to score with a co-ed......

Untouchable_Fire

A couple points regarding this discussion. First, she only put 13 guys in her presentation... and it seems they were primarily one time transactions. I think it's safe to assume there were many more guys she slept with during the few years she has attended Duke.

Next her attitude towards these encounters is very poor... but is very common among women in her demographic. I would say this incident is symptomatic of a social disease. Not just raging hormones.

Finally, all these actions are taken without thought to how it will affect her family. I'm certain this hurt her parents very badly. I can't even imagine how I would feel as a parent.

Maybe I'm abnormal, but I believe in having honor and respecting my parents. I intentionally avoided issues like this and act in a decent manner because I have no wish to shame my parents. They provided me everything, and I owe them alot.

At what point in this country did we collectively decide that we owe our parents nothing? That we can act in whatever way we wish regardless of consequences and they are required to bail us out... to pay for our college anyway... ect.

A couple points regarding this discussion. First, she only put 13 guys in her presentation... and it seems they were primarily one time transactions. I think it's safe to assume there were many more guys she slept with during the few years she has attended Duke.

Of course there were, her presentation was obviously a "trophy room" kind of thing. There were likely dozens more. But to me, that's not a big deal. People should be free to pursue their legal sexual proclivities as they see fit. Likewise, individuals who scorn such behavior and refuse to consider marriage or relationships with such folks are within their rights also.

It is hilarious how the media is spinning this as "a woman doing something men have done forever." When exactly has a man made a powerpoint presentation, complete with pictures and names, and distributed it to friends, and it became broadly distributed over the net? Had a man done this, feminists would be using this as a talking point for years, the hysterical outrage would be deafening, and law suits would have been already filed, complete with financial support and amicus briefs from dozens of private and federally funded women's organizations. I defy anyone here or anywhere else to claim otherwise.

If there ever was a general cultural double standard about men and women's sexual frequency, it is long gone, and this woman's experience and coverage of it prove that. Had this woman not made her experiences public, she would be just another faceless college student having sex with lots of men... and no one would care. Even drawing specific attention to herself with the presentation, few are describing her in the coverage I've seen as a "slut," some commentators are wondering if men will date her now for fear of being rated, none are wondering if men will date her due to her being loose. Admittedly, there are surely many parents such as OP who are wondering what environment their children are being educated in, and categorizing her as a bad example for their children, but that's different.

She needs to milk this for all it's worth, as only an insane employer would hire someone who has such poor judgment, and would be thinking in the interview, "is this person going to rush to do an expose' or compromise our internal security at the first opportunity? she made bank doing it before, why not us too?"