I hate facebook!

espec10001

You know how it goes. Someone who you don't want to think about, you do a great job over the years eliminating them from your memories. Get rid of all the pictures, all the items that remind you of them, everything. You make it so they essentially don't exist anymore.

Then, while on LAMEbook, you stumble upon them. Now all these past memories you tried so hard to get rid of come rushing back and you start to get the "wonders".

I know someone will say "well u can alwayz block them lolz!" but just seeing their damn picture finding out they are still alive makes me feel things I thought I got rid of so long ago.

I hope facebook dies :mad:

I hate it too and for the exact same reasons, plus more. Everything was a lot easier before facebook came about, IMO.

I block people but it doesn't matter, have too many mutual friends so I'm still reminded of people that I don't want to see or think about.

I wanted to deactivate it but then I felt I was making myself unavailable to people I meet in the future. A lot of people are reliant on it.

But yeah.. facebook sucks.

• Author
I hate it too and for the exact same reasons, plus more. Everything was a lot easier before facebook came about, IMO.

I block people but it doesn't matter, have too many mutual friends so I'm still reminded of people that I don't want to see or think about.

I wanted to deactivate it but then I felt I was making myself unavailable to people I meet in the future. A lot of people are reliant on it.

But yeah.. facebook sucks.

I deleted my facebook for this very reason. I just happened to be at a friends house while he was on it and he said "Oh look! You remember so and so right?"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

Feelin Frisky

Facebook sucks. I don't even use it but it has caused estrangement and illwill among my family members that shouldn't exist. Busy bodies meet gossips and the knitpicking and bad mouthing go right to work.

Serenitynow

LOL how can you people let stuff get to you like that ?

Just by "seeing" someones picture ? Seriously :)

I guess I'm the oddball, I've never had a relationship bad enough that I dread knowing the person still exists.

SincereOnlineGuy
but just seeing their damn picture finding out they are still alive

What are you, ninety-seven???

(or were you dating some dude on death row?)

I have over 500 fb friends. This thread makes me want to log in.

and I'm guessing roughly 450 of them are acquaintances whom you never speak to on there? I see people on there who have 600, 700 and even more. Its very unrealistic to think that someone would keep in contact with all those people on a regular basis.

MyNameIsJane

It's 2010. It's just the way it is. It sucks... but it will just continue to get worse in the future.

but without facebook... eventually you would stumble upon a photo of them you hadn't burned that was behind the nightstand or you would run into him/her at the store... It is inevitable that you'd think of the person again... My ex has been blocked for years now and I still ran into him randomly on a different side of town. I can't hate the store for existing. Well I can - but it doesn't help. haha

facebook definitely makes people more accessible - which is a downside.. but so many people/companies/blah connect through facebook now, it's hard not to have one at all. So we take the cons... because soon we will all just be plugged into the matrix

EYECANDY000

I guess I can understand seeing pictures and reliving those moments. Ive done it before where ive deleted my facebook account because I was so tempteed to see what my ex was up to. But in the end I guess it comes down to self control. I thought, well he isnt deleting his account, so why should I ?

• Author

It bothers me because even though I don't need to add them, that link of communication is always there for either them or me that I believe shouldn't be there. I would guess everyone has people from their past they would love to forget but forgetting seems harder these days with this FB social networking crap.

It just seems to take the mystery out of everything like "I wonder whatever happened to so and so?"

Edited by espec10001

wow... so much hostility going towards a simple social network,lol, I like facebook because it gave me the chance to reconnect with ppl I havent seen since elementry school.I have come across some ppl that i wish I never connected with :rolleyes:and I have run into my ex boyfriend aka the only one that broke my self confidence and trust in men/relationships...but the good thing is after reconnecting on FB he gave me the apology I've wanted for over 5 yrs.:)

wow... so much hostility going towards a simple social network,lol, I like facebook because it gave me the chance to reconnect with ppl I havent seen since elementry school.I have come across some ppl that i wish I never connected with :rolleyes:and I have run into my ex boyfriend aka the only one that broke my self confidence and trust in men/relationships...but the good thing is after reconnecting on FB he gave me the apology I've wanted for over 5 yrs.:)

There's a lot of people from 1-12 I don't care on seeing again, now I have gotten a hold of an old military buddy though. :)

I've never had a facebook, I try and stay away from things like that as I hear they cause too much trouble for people.

Anyone else have that argument because you got tagged in a picture from 7 years ago, doing something kind of inappropriate like strip-teasing on top of a bar counter?

Oh yeah, that was a great one to explain.

Thank you Facebook.

Anyone else have that argument because you got tagged in a picture from 7 years ago, doing something kind of inappropriate like strip-teasing on top of a bar counter?

Oh yeah, that was a great one to explain.

Thank you Facebook.

Yeah, nothing like someone taking out their scrape book, pulling out an old 70's Polaroid and scanning it in in digital format THEN uploading it onto FB.

Also, I'm getting sick of my FB friends posting their "cutesy" pictures of their new found "loves"

"Me and my sweetheart at the beach!" or "Me and my cutie pie doing this" and there's a picture of said "cutie pie" drawing a big heart in the sand, and putting their names in it.

Of course the water will wash it away at high tide, so there's an interpretation of the longevity of such a relationship.

I don't like facebook either, who do I keep it around? I will never know. I barely have any friends on there 40 or 50 maybe. I hate when people have 700+ just add random people they don't even know, it's rediculous.

and I'm guessing roughly 450 of them are acquaintances whom you never speak to on there? I see people on there who have 600, 700 and even more. Its very unrealistic to think that someone would keep in contact with all those people on a regular basis.

I actualy probably have 600 and yes they all know me well. We all get togather a few times a week an just shoot the breeze.

I like facebook and i'll admit im addicted to it...I didnt creat a fb account until feb of this year and the 1st day I had it I was saying to myself and I even posted "what is so special about fb, I dont get it"But the funny thing is I already was addicted by the 3rd day.Wondering if I have any new friend request or any new messages.Now I dont even worry about friend request etc, now I'm addicted to the facebook games,Cafe' World, Sorority Life...I'm so ashamed:o

seekandfind
I actualy probably have 600 and yes they all know me well. We all get togather a few times a week an just shoot the breeze.

I'm sorry I'm not trying to be rude, but please be real, you can't "shoot the breeze" with 50 people at once, let alone 600... and even if you hung out with 5 different people every night it would take you 4 months to get through one round of hanging out with all your friends :lmao:

I disabled my facebook 2 months ago because I found it to be an annoying distraction that doesn't bring much value to my life. It has been a relatively freeing experience =)

thats so true, I dont understand ppl that have 1000 friends...I have a friend that has over 1500 friends and if u ask him who these ppl are, he has know clue who they are...I think he just has them up there so his friend count goes up and he seems more popular

SpanksTheMonkey

Facebook is fun ive been doing allot of light core stalking on their lately its quite a hobby but the very best part is ive recently seen a OLD so called friend who always thought they were hot shiet back in the day you guys know the kind.

This one always ran me down well guess what miss queen bee now weights twice what I do! must be karma on crack lol...:laugh:

Ok sorry if that was off topic I don't personalty have a serious FB account just my stalking one its kinda hard to find people tho unless you have their exact contact details no? :confused: