Just wanted to share some experiences / tips

EmperorR

I know the rules of the road, been cheated on and dumped by my ex fiancé who had a secret abortion behind my back, dated my ex best friend who rxt MSG dumped me to go back to her abusive ex, and most likely now will be dumped yet again as I was dating a girl with a kid and the baby dad pops up after 3 years and suddenly "she doesn't know what she wants".

Anyways I've been through alot in relationhips in my short 24 years and stuff life this have always helped me out.

- listen to people on this board, no your situation isn't different

- don't break no contact, all it does it make u pathetic to the other person, and sets you back to day 1

- we've all been there "it's only been a week and he/she has a new bf/gf and life is going great, I remember with my ex fiancé 4 days later she has a new friend at school who quickly turned into her bf I was like WTF how after 3 years 4 days later. These people are so emotionally fragile they constantly need someone and guess what it's not you, and 99 percent of te time your a sega genesis you can't compete with a ps3, you give no butterflies, no new excitement so get the hint and run away you Deserve better.

- let it out, whethe here or to a fried let it out. Trust me it took me more than a year to tell my family what really happened between me and my ex fiancé but it felt like a burden lifted

- if you can change your phone number best decision ever, no more piling over my phone all day waiting for bread crumb texts etc.

- take down pictures, hide gift etc I threw everything exes ever gave me out. Heck when my ex best friend text dumped

me a hour later all the crap she gave me was in the mailbox

- change your msn, aim or whatever you use, I've been there seeing them online and begging for them to MSG me etc., get rid of the temptations.

- they will contact you trust me. My ex fiancé sent me a letter in the mail almost a year and a half later, my ex best friend messaged me on facebook 6 months later how she made the biggest mistake in her life and how I'm always on her mind, and you know what I did both times? Returned to sender and ignored the facebook MSG.

- don't fight it, the only reason I'm talking to my current ex or soon to be ex is because of her son who I care about dearly. I'm not a backup though and I accepted it, everytime you date and break up you learn more and more.

- don't listen to words they will tell you what you want to here, "I love you" in case your standig up for yourself and drifting away. "he/she I just a friend". Look at actions not words.

- yes you will find someone better just be patient, every girl I've ever dated has been better than the last.

That is all, sorry for any spelling mistakes as I'm on my phone

Edited by EmperorR

Wise words, oh EmperorR!

You know what I love about being a teacher (apart from the insanely long holidays, of course ;))?

No-one can take your learning away from you.

Well done, ER, you get what it's all about. (Just a teency bit more work on that people-picker and the last laugh will, most definitely, belong to you.)

x

Great post, ER! This really does help. I would change my phone number, but waaaaay too many of my family and friends know it, so it's easier to leave it be.

I worry about the contact part at some point in the future. Don't know why.

I worry about it because I'm not sure I'm strong enough to resist giving in and responding, especially if he says something sweet or something to remind me of the good times. I hope I can just delete without opening. There's a reason we're not together anymore.

--T

I know what you mean. Hell, I'm barely strong enough to make it through the day without contact so, I don't know what would happen if she did contact me. I'd be scared.