I had a migraine for most of the day and rubbed on some Icy Hot on my forhead for relief.While I was taking a bath,I accidently got it in my eyes and it really stung and I tried rinsing my eyes out with cold water.What else can I do for my eyes? They burn.Should I just keep rinsing them with water? I sometimes use it for my headaches.

I have used Icy Hot cream for arthritis pain and the doctor that I was seeing said Im borderline for Rhumatoid Arthritis.Ive noticed every year the pain has increased in the joints.What is borderline mean? Does it mean I have it?

Thanks if anyone can answer my questions!

Patty

First of all Patty, Icy Hot is for pain relief from sore muscles, backache, muscle cramps and arthritis (according to the package). It is NOT for migraine headaches. I don't think you should be putting it anywhere on your head or face or anywhere near your eyes especially. I guess what happened to you is a good example of why. I hope you will talk to your doctor about something more appropriate to use when you have a migraine.

Now that it is already in your eyes, it's a little late for that advice. Since I'm not a doctor, all I can say is to call one and get their advice on what to do. Don't rub your eyes or put anything else in them!

When a doctor tells you that you are borderline something, it usually means you do not have it yet but it could develop into that condition in the future.

Patty:

If your eyes are still burning, keep flushing them with lots and lots of water and call your doctor, emergency room, poison control center or hospital immediately for additional information on what to do. Get expert help IMMEDIATELY.

There are some substances that SHOULD NEVER, EVER GO INTO YOUR EYES!!!

Like Cindy said, Icy Hot is not for headaches and you should never, ever use it near your eyes...as you have found out the hard way.

hey patty,

my husband used to take something called "Cafergot" (spelling?) for migraines, which basically had caffeine in it. The only thing was, he had to take them the minute he felt one coming on, otherwise it wouldn't work.

on the news this weekend, there was a report where doctors thought maybe BoTox would be good for alleviating migraines! Eeewww, stick a needle near my eye? No thank you!

You might try one of those packs that you can either freeze or heat, and apply that to your forehead. We take leftover fleece from sewing projects and make a bag, then fill it up with plain old uncooked rice and sew the opening. You can put it in the microwave for 1-3 minutes to warm it up, then apply it to wherever it hurts. Basically, it's a warm, moist heat that works like a heating pad, but doesn't burn you (if you don't overheat it in the first place) because it cools down gradually. I like to use my when i get colds or sinus infections, and put them at the base of my neck to loosen up some. Whatever you do, don't let the thing get wet, because it tends to mold!

jo anne