If you really want to find someone...

Disillusioned

Disillusioned
I know you've found something better.

You don't have to rub it in.

It's getting cruel at this point.

You never used to be like this, so apathetic and indifferent.

I never said I was a nice person... I tell it like it is.

Anyhow, it's too late for me because I made my decision, but I'll give it to the rest of you straight. And I'll give you a push in the right direction. You will call me a jerk now, but you'll thank me when you find that special person and tie the knot with them.

The old unwritten rules no longer apply (i.e., play hard to get, never love the desperate, follow me when I move to a one-horse town, all those other jive-ass rules). This is the internet, not the bar scene 20 years ago. WAKE UP!!! OPEN YOUR EYES, PEOPLE!!!

Nowadays there are 2 kinds of singles online: those who are serious about meeting someone for a relationship, and those who just want to be trolls and play online flirt games.

Meetup dot com is an example of a resource for serious singles. Anyone can search SINGLES on Meetup, and get at least 4 or 5 groups of singles, WHO HAVE REAL LIFE MEETINGS, in their area. Trolls can't survive on Meetup, because they would actually have to GO TO the meetings. (Congratulations, online dating, you just got pwned.) Guess what, they'll even let you START a Meetup group if you don't find what you're looking for.

At the other extreme is ConnectingSingles. If you check out their message board, you will figure out that at least 95% of the people on that site are trolls. They have no desire at all to meet someone in real life, and it suits them just fine to sit at their computer and play online flirt games. Some of them have been on there for years. (I'm not kidding.)

So there you have it, folks. Singles can stop dreaming and start meeting whenever they decide to stop feeling sorry for themselves and do something real.

It's that easy eh? Haha.

Eharmony works. I'm serious. There ARE a lot of non-paying members but those that do pay and you get matched up with, they're serious about finding a long term relationship. But you have to pay, which sucks. However, if you google online "eharmony vouchers" you'll get a website with all these different kinds of discounts. You could get 3 months for 19.99$ per month. Call the last month and give them this other voucher number, and they'll let you have the 3rd month for free.

It's not easy to meet DECENT people. It's hard. And I don't think you're a jerk. I believe you're right to an extent. :)

deux ex machina

I wasn't aware of this.

I never said I was a nice person... I tell it like it is.

Anyhow, it's too late for me because I made my decision

Edited by deux ex machina
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Disillusioned

Besides, if women really want to meet a man, they should MOVE TO LOS ANGELES!!!!! 5 single men to every single woman!!!!!