wheeeeer's Gouki!

Soul Bear

Probably off to the surgeon,,,,, though personally i DO NOT think he needed it. Wasn't a bad looking lad, he jsut seemed sad. Like he needed a hug {{{{{{gouki}}}}}

• Author

I genuinely do miss him, retrospective of the fact we dont see eye to eye!!!

Im being sincere!!!

I dont think he needed the surgeon either, just a change in attitude, which EVERYONE tried to help him with.

I hope he returns... after a while you either learn from your mistakes through not following the advice of others, or you let your guard down and take on board the advice people have to give.

I learned both ways. Made friends and enemys alike on here. Just wanted to share that.

If you are sincere then you should be wary of trying to push him.

"...learn from your mistakes through not following the advice of others..." This I think is a myth. Tough love hasn't really been shown to be helpful.

• Author

Your right, its not helpful, not with immediate effect anyway. But after time you can put things in perspective, even if it has been 'tough'.

It all helps.

I had tough love on here, i hated some of it, but looking back, it all helped. ALL OF IT!!

Let the Bear Bashing begin!!!

In retrospective you think it worked for you. Does that really say it will work for someone else? And what is the potential for backlash? The NIH has put out the opinion that so-called "tough love" programs not only are not beneficial, but can actually cause more harm. Ever heard of someone saying they did something because they were just pushed too far? To me tough love is like trying to get someone to overcome their fear of heights by trying to push them to the edge of a cliff in the dark. How do you know when you have pushed too far? When they suddenly let out a scream as they plunge into the abyss?

Or they let out a scream and realize the abyss is only about 6 inches deep.