Don't know where this came from, but it's what I've been trying to say for years...

I've been telling other this, but not quite so eloquently as this statement does. If anyone knows the Author, I would appreciate posting it here so we can give them due credit.

Anyone who thinks they will never find happiness in a relationship should print this out and read it every day!

In order to have a truly meaningful, happy relationship with somebody else, on any given level, you have to have a truly meaningful, happy, 100% solid relationship with yourself. Once you are radiating self confidence, self-awareness, self-appreciation, and happiness about yourself, you will attract people who will add to your life. You simply cannot ask another person into your life to ‘make’ you happy. No one can or should take on the responsibility of making another ‘happy.’ It is an impossible task.

You have to identity the ‘whole’ you and build on that. The ‘whole’ you does not include another person or thing. If somebody else comes along that compliments that ‘whole’ you, cool. But if not, also cool. It’s like a hand and a glove. The hand is whole, doesn’t need the glove, but if the glove happens to fit, even better. Have you ever met a person who has apparently ‘nothing’, but who is so darn happy they make you sick?

Sometimes everyone sounds like they’re the only ones who can’t find that ‘special’ person, and they automatically think it’s because they are personally lacking. Not so; life is crap shoot – whether you find your match or not has absolutely nothing to do with how good or bad just happens without explanation.

I think that if you want to be happy, stop looking for somebody. Instead look for ‘you’ and for ‘life’, for things and people that will enrich you, so that if and when somebody just right comes into your life, you’ll be the person you want to be. It is vitally important to stop wondering what is wrong with you. There is nothing wrong with you… you are just chasing the wrong dream. The dream should be to fulfill your life to make yourself happy…not to wait for somebody to come along and take on the job.

If you stop looking, somebody will pop into your life and they won’t be anything like who you were looking for. If you start focusing on your life as it is and enrich it for yourself, I’ll bet you’ll soon find the most unexpected person will suddenly appear. It seems many times that we’ve already decided what we want, what we need as partners (influenced almost entirely by the media and entertainment)… and we are all wrong.

It’s best to stop looking because you do not really know what you are looking for or what you need. You think you know what you need, but you really don’t. Remember, 50% of the people who get what they wish for, or think they know what they need, ends up in divorce.

I agree, whenever I don't care about being in a relationship, just do me, live my life Is usually when someone pops up, when you least expect it

selena_cat

Thanks soo much for posting this Cali!! I needed to read that,in fact i'm printing this with a nice picture of things that makeme happy,my garnedia's and Camelia flowers

Just trying to be Creative :-)

I wrote it.

I believe it. A lot of people write things that they don't "live by" themselves.

Land Shark

True. But, in spite of the fact that it's essentially one long platitude, it's still pretty much how I've been living for a long time.

It's not true that if you stop looking or stop caring, someone will magically pop into your life. That almost sounds like superstition. You have to actually make yourself available and develop a good attitude toward life. Those two things are more important than whether you're looking or whether you care.