Broke NC after 2 months on ex's birthday and feel happy about it...

PREVIOUS THREADS :

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1772272#post1772272

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1808007#post1808007

That's it... Are you ready ??? I BROKE NC.. And I'm happy about it !!! :)

Today is my ex's bday. We haven't talked for more than two months.

Called her a few hours ago on her cell phone... Once. She didn't answer. Didn't bother me at all. Didn't call her again and went out for coffee.

About half an hour ago, my mobile rang. It was her... I answered. She seemed surprised to hear from me... I wished her happy bday and she said she didn't expect me to remember it.

We chit-chatted for about 15 minutes, talking about our lives.... I sounded extremely cool and relaxed, extremely enjoyable... Laughing and making jokes. (Keep in mind, I have totally put all the needy, clingy attitude behind me). She noticed and told me so. "I wasn't expecting you being so full of energy", she said. "I am surprised. I'm not used to you being like this..." I noticed she had started crying over the phone.. I immediately changed subject (don't wanna hear her like that) and asked her about what she did or gonna do to celebrate her bday. NO MENTION OF OUR PAST RELATIONSHIP WHATSOEVER !!! NOTHING :):p Never asked her if she is still seeing that other guy. Don't care ! She most probably is, judging by where she told me she hangs out (where he lives). But then again, as I said, I don't care ! :D

I was the one to hung up wishing her the best and for her to be happy. I told her I would be in town in a couple of days and that I would call her in order for us to go for a drink ! She paused when I said that... "Yes, ok", she said reluctantly... Didn't bother me at all and never lost my cool. With the same cool and cheerful tone of voice I used throughout our conversation I said goodbye.. I hung up !

THAT'S IT !

How I feel ? Damn, I would have definitely regretted it if I hadn't wished her on her bday. It was good hearing her voice again. I don't think I would have called her though if she hadn't pulled all that crazy stuff the past couple moths I was NC.

What am I gonna do from now on ? Well, I will call her in a couple days when I'll be in town and ask her out for a drink. If she doesn't wanna, I will probably go NC again until she initiates contact. If she agrees, we'll go out and try to make her have a good time.. I won't be hoping for anything to happen between us. As I said, the time I pursued her like crazy have long gone, I am having the time of my life and plan on doing so !!! :p:p

That's all folks... To be continued... (???)

Heh, damn, I needed that !!!!

PREVIOUS THREADS :

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1772272#post1772272

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1808007#post1808007

That's it... Are you ready ??? I BROKE NC.. And I'm happy about it !!! :)

Today is my ex's bday. We haven't talked for more than two months.

Called her a few hours ago on her cell phone... Once. She didn't answer. Didn't bother me at all. Didn't call her again and went out for coffee.

About half an hour ago, my mobile rang. It was her... I answered. She seemed surprised to hear from me... I wished her happy bday and she said she didn't expect me to remember it.

We chit-chatted for about 15 minutes, talking about our lives.... I sounded extremely cool and relaxed, extremely enjoyable... Laughing and making jokes. (Keep in mind, I have totally put all the needy, clingy attitude behind me). She noticed and told me so. "I wasn't expecting you being so full of energy", she said. "I am surprised. I'm not used to you being like this..." I noticed she had started crying over the phone.. I immediately changed subject (don't wanna hear her like that) and asked her about what she did or gonna do to celebrate her bday. NO MENTION OF OUR PAST RELATIONSHIP WHATSOEVER !!! NOTHING :):p Never asked her if she is still seeing that other guy. Don't care ! She most probably is, judging by where she told me she hangs out (where he lives). But then again, as I said, I don't care ! :D

I was the one to hung up wishing her the best and for her to be happy. I told her I would be in town in a couple of days and that I would call her in order for us to go for a drink ! She paused when I said that... "Yes, ok", she said reluctantly... Didn't bother me at all and never lost my cool. With the same cool and cheerful tone of voice I used throughout our conversation I said goodbye.. I hung up !

THAT'S IT !

How I feel ? Damn, I would have definitely regretted it if I hadn't wished her on her bday. It was good hearing her voice again. I don't think I would have called her though if she hadn't pulled all that crazy stuff the past couple moths I was NC.

What am I gonna do from now on ? Well, I will call her in a couple days when I'll be in town and ask her out for a drink. If she doesn't wanna, I will probably go NC again until she initiates contact. If she agrees, we'll go out and try to make her have a good time.. I won't be hoping for anything to happen between us. As I said, the time I pursued her like crazy have long gone, I am having the time of my life and plan on doing so !!! :p:p

That's all folks... To be continued... (???)

Heh, damn, I needed that !!!!

Hey, so you've been broke up for about 2 months? Can you say you are over her? I get the high we get from contact from the ex, it makes us feel good, at least for the short term. The worry is, if you still have feelings for her, this will bring you right back again to square one.

• Author
Hey, so you've been broke up for about 2 months? Can you say you are over her? I get the high we get from contact from the ex, it makes us feel good, at least for the short term. The worry is, if you still have feelings for her, this will bring you right back again to square one.

Nope, we broke up about 5 months ago. I have been NC for 2 months, but during that time, many things happened. Read the other threads... I believe they are an interesting read ! :cool:

Oh and, trust me, I am definitely NOT going back to square one ! That's a fact...

Sounds a little similar to my story in the sense I broke NC after almost 3 months on her birthday. At first it did not bother me until a day or so later.

• Author
Sounds a little similar to my story in the sense I broke NC after almost 3 months on her birthday. At first it did not bother me until a day or so later.

Hopefully I won't be posting anything similar to what you posted... :eek: Hope you're doing better, though ! ;)

That's the point of NC, bro. It doesn't matter how you communicate with the ex. The point is, when you talk to the ex, will you still be fazed? If you think you will be, stick with NC. If you think you're ready to talk, well... one way to find out.

You weren't fazed when you broke NC. NC helped with that, if I were asked. Good for you. :)

• Author
broken_arrow

Well, I texted her today asking her to go out for a drink. She called me about 20 minutes later, we talked for about 10-15 minutes again... She told me that she has been thinking about us going out since the day I initially told her so (2 days ago). She started crying and told me that, although she wants to see me "VERY VERY MUCH", she think that it would be a setback for her, she would be a mess and start crying in front of everyone and that, although she may be with another guy, she is definitely not over me yet, she thinks that she will actually never be over me and that a part of her heart will always belong to me.

Of course, I know better than to believe the words coming from a crying woman when her actions say otherwise. I told her that I didn't know she still had these feelings for me and thought that she was over me, otherwise I wouldn't have called her. I told her that it may also be difficult for me seeing her but I really wanted to see her and since she also wanted to, there was no reason for it not to happen and that I would do my best not to make the meeting emotionally overwhelming for any of us. I tried to change her mind for a couple minutes (not sounding needy or anything, on the contrary, still keeping my humor and cool-ness), she told me she would get back to me within a few hours if she decided to come...

Well she hasn't called, so I texted her the following (I'm quoting here) : "Seems like you decided not to come. Maybe it's better this way... Reminds me of the time you had told me to come to the baptism on July and I didn't... And then regretted it ;-). Have a nice evening, sweetie, good luck with anything you do in your life and I hope that you will always be happy and smiling... Many many kisses !!!"

And that's it for me... No pain, no setbacks to my healing no nothing... It was something I HAD to do. Now I'm heading out for a drink...

See ya around fellas !

Well, I texted her today asking her to go out for a drink. She called me about 20 minutes later, we talked for about 10-15 minutes again... She told me that she has been thinking about us going out since the day I initially told her so (2 days ago). She started crying and told me that, although she wants to see me "VERY VERY MUCH", she think that it would be a setback for her, she would be a mess and start crying in front of everyone and that, although she may be with another guy, she is definitely not over me yet, she thinks that she will actually never be over me and that a part of her heart will always belong to me.

Of course, I know better than to believe the words coming from a crying woman when her actions say otherwise. I told her that I didn't know she still had these feelings for me and thought that she was over me, otherwise I wouldn't have called her. I told her that it may also be difficult for me seeing her but I really wanted to see her and since she also wanted to, there was no reason for it not to happen and that I would do my best not to make the meeting emotionally overwhelming for any of us. I tried to change her mind for a couple minutes (not sounding needy or anything, on the contrary, still keeping my humor and cool-ness), she told me she would get back to me within a few hours if she decided to come...

Well she hasn't called, so I texted her the following (I'm quoting here) : "Seems like you decided not to come. Maybe it's better this way... Reminds me of the time you had told me to come to the baptism on July and I didn't... And then regretted it ;-). Have a nice evening, sweetie, good luck with anything you do in your life and I hope that you will always be happy and smiling... Many many kisses !!!"

And that's it for me... No pain, no setbacks to my healing no nothing... It was something I HAD to do. Now I'm heading out for a drink...

See ya around fellas !

i'm impressed mate, if after that, you feel no pain.

and you also managed to give her a little shot of guilt in that text.

• Author
broken_arrow
i'm impressed mate, if after that, you feel no pain.

and you also managed to give her a little shot of guilt in that text.

Honest answer ? I felt sad and depressed for like 10 minutes and then... that was it... :laugh::laugh: lol

I wouldn't have texted her two days ago for her bday if I wasn't 100% sure that whatever she told me wouldn't hurt me at all... ;)

• Author
broken_arrow

Well, she broke NC.

She called me today in the morning and told me that she is really sick and having a terrible headache which wouldn't go away with the usual medicines and asked my opinion on what to do (I'm a doctor).

I told her that it was impossible for me to diagnose her on the phone and that I needed to see her (me or any other doctor for that matter) and examine her in order to know what's wrong. She asked if I had time to do it in the morning, I said no and asked her to come over in the afternoon or for me to go visit her at her house. Well, she told me that she would call me and let me know if things didn't go better, she asked me NOT to call her (I didn't have any intention to, actually), because she might be in trouble (with her boyfriend) and that she will probably go see a doctor near her house if the headache insisted. She thanked me "VERY VERY MUCH" and we hung up. Of course she hasn't called since!

Now I am wondering, what the hell is wrong with her ? There are many doctors out there she could have visited... It sounds to me like a silly excuse to call me... Why ? Or am I over-reacting again ?

BTW, I don't expect her to call me ever again.

Well, she broke NC.

She called me today in the morning and told me that she is really sick and having a terrible headache which wouldn't go away with the usual medicines and asked my opinion on what to do (I'm a doctor).

I told her that it was impossible for me to diagnose her on the phone and that I needed to see her (me or any other doctor for that matter) and examine her in order to know what's wrong. She asked if I had time to do it in the morning, I said no and asked her to come over in the afternoon or for me to go visit her at her house. Well, she told me that she would call me and let me know if things didn't go better, she asked me NOT to call her (I didn't have any intention to, actually), because she might be in trouble (with her boyfriend) and that she will probably go see a doctor near her house if the headache insisted. She thanked me "VERY VERY MUCH" and we hung up. Of course she hasn't called since!

Now I am wondering, what the hell is wrong with her ? There are many doctors out there she could have visited... It sounds to me like a silly excuse to call me... Why ? Or am I over-reacting again ?

BTW, I don't expect her to call me ever again.

You said it. Now your wondering...........she has you wondering.......

HERE COMES SQUARE ONE!!

Don't break NC. All the strength you have cultivated for yourself is slipping. Your asking questions on LS to a coping forum.

This has affected you and you need to realize it. Let her new bf deal with her headache!!!

Tell her to take an advil and never call you again. You sound like you are really strong about being over her, BUT...............watch out man.

Their is a method to a woman's madness.

• Author
broken_arrow
You said it. Now your wondering...........she has you wondering.......

HERE COMES SQUARE ONE!!

Don't break NC. All the strength you have cultivated for yourself is slipping. Your asking questions on LS to a coping forum.

This has affected you and you need to realize it. Let her new bf deal with her headache!!!

Tell her to take an advil and never call you again. You sound like you are really strong about being over her, BUT...............watch out man.

Their is a method to a woman's madness.

Oh trust me, me wondering has nothing to do with the way I was feeling when we first broke up. I am much much better and am not slipping back... It's just curiosity as to why the hell she is doing that... :confused:

• Author
broken_arrow

She texted me yesterday morning : "I am feeling better today. Just so you don't worry. Kisses."

I replied "I'm happy for you. Take care. Wish you a happy recovery."

Maybe I shouldn't have replied... But anyways, I did it.

And, again, I don't plan on initiating contact.. And I also don't think she'd be contacting me anymore... She run out of excuses to do so...

Suggestions on how to proceed if she ever contacts again ? What the hell is she thinking anyways ?

She texted me yesterday morning : "I am feeling better today. Just so you don't worry. Kisses."

I replied "I'm happy for you. Take care. Wish you a happy recovery."

Maybe I shouldn't have replied... But anyways, I did it.

And, again, I don't plan on initiating contact.. And I also don't think she'd be contacting me anymore... She run out of excuses to do so...

Suggestions on how to proceed if she ever contacts again ? What the hell is she thinking anyways ?

If she does that again, just read the msg, or directly ignore the msg, you dont even have to reply that, better not.

What she's thinking has nothing to do with you, so just let it go, dont let that mess with your head.

• Author
broken_arrow
If she does that again, just read the msg, or directly ignore the msg, you dont even have to reply that, better not.

What she's thinking has nothing to do with you, so just let it go, dont let that mess with your head.

I thought of not replying, however I knew that it would be eating me inside if I didn't.