My Ex Just called me...(Its my birthday)

ninjaturtles

I didnt pick up.....He left a voice message and said he would ring me back.

I wont pick up....He has not called me since our breakup about 5 months ago..It was SHOCKING to see his number come up. Then listen to his voice message.

Should I or should I not pick up/ send a text thanking him for calling?..Or simply ignore him.

What do you think?

I didnt pick up.....He left a voice message and said he would ring me back.

I wont pick up....He has not called me since our breakup about 5 months ago..It was SHOCKING to see his number come up. Then listen to his voice message.

Should I or should I not pick up/ send a text thanking him for calling?..Or simply ignore him.

What do you think?

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Congratulations!

Second -as to your question - under NO CIRCUMSTANCES pick up the phone. It's been 5 months - you're through the worst. Why drag it all back up into the light?

You're doing GREAT! And you get EXTRA props because your ex wants to re-initiate contact. How would you feel if it was just a booty call? Hmmm?

Let it go. Get on with your (wonderful, beautiful, free, passionate and never-looking-back) life!

SF

Happy Birthday!!

Well, it depends on how you broke up and what you are feeling now.

Unless he did me tremendous harm, I would pick up, politely say thank you and then say, sorry, but I had one foot out the door when you called. Bye!!! Not even nice hearing from you again.

No harm in just being civil.

Ninja..Happy Birthday!!!

I think it was just a simple birthday wish. While it was thoughtful, after five months...it's hardly effort on his part. You should feel proud of yourself for ignoring his call. In my opinion, he needs to make a lot more effort than one phone call in five months to get a reaction from you!!

Keep moving forward...and best of luck.:bunny:

• Author

Thanks everyone:-).

No, I am not assuming he called for any other reason except to wish me happy birthday. However, he was very very cold to me after the breakup and acted like I did not exist.

I didnt bug him or pester him to take me back, so I could not understand why he behaved as if I was a plague..He specifically avoided speaking to me and we communicated about 3 times via email..I initiated it of course. His replies were always straight to the point, about 2-3 lines..him never encouraging a conversation..You know..eg short answers, no questions asking ...'How are you'?..etc.

However, I was suprised he called...He avoids things like that. I thought he would not make contact and even if he did, I thought he would send a 1 line email..lol.

Thanks everyone:-).xxx

Keep posting.xx

Edited by ninjaturtles

If any response at all, I would do something benign like an e-mail saying, "Thank you for the birthday wishes".

That way, he doesn't get to talk to you and he will probably get the message that he didn't get to solicit a big response from you by just dropping a line on your birthday.

Just cut to the quick like he did to you after the break up.

Or, go Rambo NC on his ass and don't respond at all.

Happy Birthday,

dfree

First happy birthday!

I think you ex might just want to do something nice. But it purely depends on how you think and behave. If you totally got over the break up and don’t mind a little talk; I think it’s ok to respond to his message. If you still feel hurt or have any hope to go back with him, it’s probably not a very good idea to call him back. You’ve done well, there is no reason to go backwards and start suffering all over again.

First happy birthday!

I think you ex might just want to do something nice. But it purely depends on how you think and behave. If you totally got over the break up and don’t mind a little talk; I think it’s ok to respond to his message. If you still feel hurt or have any hope to go back with him, it’s probably not a very good idea to call him back. You’ve done well, there is no reason to go backwards and start suffering all over again.

This makes sense to me...:cool:

I think it all depends on where you are healing wise and what you want out of the conversation. If you want to talk then answer back if not then just ignore the call.

Anywhoo Happy Birthday!!!