now what? question to guys

possumgirl83

i need a guys point of view... please answer honestly....

ok so my ex fiancee cancelled our wedding (less tha a month before) cause unknown to me his divorce wasnt final(all she has to do is sign the damn papers) and i had no clue, i was so hurt he had lied to me for almost 2 years! ...

Fast forward to present. hes been calling me and txts me and says he "loves me and he is sorry, blah blah blah", i keep telling him if he loves me he would prove it and i tell him he isnt doing anyhting to fix us, he always asks he what he needs to do and i tell him to figure it out... truth is i dont know what he needs to do and i dont know if i love him or if i want him back. i told him we were finished until i have the papers in my hand

I still feel so numb from all this as if it hasnt really hit me yet...:confused:

he doesnt seem to understand that for him nothing has changed but for me my entire future has been reshaped by this...

guys what would you do to get her back if you were in this situation? how would you prove it to her?

ok so my ex fiancee cancelled our wedding (less tha a month before) cause unknown to me his divorce wasnt final(all she has to do is sign the damn papers) and i had no clue, i was so hurt he had lied to me for almost 2 years! ...

Fast forward to present. hes been calling me and txts me and says he "loves me and he is sorry, blah blah blah", i keep telling him if he loves me he would prove it and i tell him he isnt doing anyhting to fix us, he always asks he what he needs to do and i tell him to figure it out... truth is i dont know what he needs to do and i dont know if i love him or if i want him back. i told him we were finished until i have the papers in my hand

I still feel so numb from all this as if it hasnt really hit me yet...:confused:

he doesnt seem to understand that for him nothing has changed but for me my entire future has been reshaped by this...

guys what would you do to get her back if you were in this situation? how would you prove it to her?

For starters I would sign the papers, but the fact that it has been this long and he has not even signed the papers shows that he is not quite ready to let his ex go completely. Do you really want him back?

For starters I would sign the papers, but the fact that it has been this long and he has not even signed the papers shows that he is not quite ready to let his ex go completely. Do you really want him back?

I think his ex is the one who hasn't signed them. Hence, it could be mostly his ex's fault just to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he thought she would sign them by now and she is holding out for some reason. Not that it was right of him to hide it..

I think his ex is the one who hasn't signed them. Hence, it could be mostly his ex's fault just to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he thought she would sign them by now and she is holding out for some reason. Not that it was right of him to hide it..

Oops.:o

Thanks for clarifying that. Scrap my first response.

I agree that he should not have hid it. A girls wedding day is suppose to be the happiest day of her life and I can only imagine how she feels now.

jackmerridew

I don't know what I'd do to YOU per se, however like the other poster said, I would probably work my damned hardest to get her to sign the papers.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he probably wants to get married to you and he may truly love you. He may have been lying to himself more than anything. He probably hid it from you out of fear that you may become apprehensive or hurt knowing that his ex hasn't signed the papers yet. It was stupid of him to lie to you like that, but then again, love makes us do stupid things doesn't it? If he hasn't seen her or been with the ex or wanted to be with the ex for the past two years, I wouldn't worry about it too much. But in light of all this, I'd watch carefully at how hard he hustles to get that divorce finalized!

It's a little surprising that he is so willing to marry again already, but that's just me. It doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Hi, If I was him I would tell you that no matter what.. I loved you so much and because I lied to you it was to protect you, nothing more..but then again if I was engaged to you I won't lie to you in the first place. Love is being honest, love is telling that person you mean everything to them , love is absolute..beleive me ok..I have felt the pain.. take care..hope it works out..