Stood up, feeling like a loser

phyrespryte

I feel like such a loser. I moved to a new city about three weeks ago to go back to school. I don't know anyone in this city. I still haven't made any friends. I hate my new job because everyone speaks Spanish and I don't know what they're saying. Then the guy I like screws me over.

He was supposed to call me on Friday to figure out what we were doing this weekend. So after work on Friday I check my cell and the only call I had was from my sister!!! I called him around 10, but only got his voice mail. So by then I realize I've been stood up. The next day I drove back to my home town. I couldn't stand being alone all weekend especially since I left my weekend open for him. I went to the beach then I went to the bar with some of my old work friends and had a couple of drinks. Then one of my friends gets a call from Bob (not his real name) who is a friend of my crush. Turns out Bob and my crush spent Friday night getting their drink on and at that moment they were both at Bob's house drinking some more. Great. So Bob invites us all to his place and we all go. That was an interesting experience. His friends were actually very nice.

Anyways, of course when we got there my crush wasn't there. He left because he was meeting his ex to go see a movie. There's so much I could say about that, but I won't. The only good thing about finding that information out was that he was supposed to meet her at 5, but he left Bob's place at 5:30 and he was wasted too. Heh.

I don't care that he was drinking with Bob. I don't even care that he's seeing his ex again. I wasn't looking for a relationship. I just wanted to make out with him and have a good time. It's been so freaking long since I've done that. I just feel like crap because he couldn't even call me. He still hasn't called to even apologize. It's so thoughtless and mean.

I want to text him or call him and tell him that he's an a-hole, but it just feels petty.

I'm going to a wedding next month and he's going too. I'm sure he's going to bring his ex with him. Ugh. I can't possibly go alone to this wedding, but I don't know anyone I could bring with me. I just want to be able to walk in without feeling like a loser.

I wish I could tell him how bad he made me feel. I wish that I was happier in this new city. I don't know what to do. It just sucks so bad.

I don't think there is anything wrong with telling this Guy he's a sh*thead :mad:

It was very inconsiderate of him to ask you out and then blow you off, regardless of what else he had going on, he wasn't dead, bleeding or otherwise unable to call you so yeah he's a jackass.

When you do speak with him again (and you will) tell him it was a crappy thing to do and don't accept anymore "invitations" to hang out with assclown again.

What a ****er!

Angelina1433

Oh, you poor thing! Forget about him. He is obviously still interested in his ex. It must be hard being in a new town and not knowing anyone. But you just need to try to find people to hang out with, and all will come in time.

Don't dwell on this guy (boy), and don't text him. Just forget about him .

At the wedding you have to attend, if you don't have a date - who cares?! Just have a great time and talk to everyone! Don't sit and sulk. Find a gorgeous, single groomsman, and dance the night away.

You don't need him. You're saying to yourself, "you're right, Angelina, you're right", right? :)

Don`t feel like a loser. In fact, don`t feel anything. Be totally objective. You found out what you wanted to know real fast. He is not worth your attention. By the way, this is the world a guy lives in all the time. Ask a girl out for a lunch date and she doesn`t show. Get a date for Friday night and Thursday evening or Friday morning she has important business and can`t make it. Or a ton of other variations. So, just carry on, it`s all in a days work. Don`t let those type of people drag you down. Men or women, there is plenty of them.

• Author
phyrespryte
Originally posted by Merin

When you do speak with him again (and you will) tell him it was a crappy thing to do and don't accept anymore "invitations" to hang out with assclown again.

I won't say yes to him anymore. I promise. I can see now that he's a waste of time and I know better.

Originally posted by Angelina1433

You're saying to yourself, "you're right, Angelina, you're right", right? :)

You're right Angelina, you're right! :o

Originally posted by Neptune

By the way, this is the world a guy lives in all the time. Ask a girl out for a lunch date and she doesn`t show. Get a date for Friday night and Thursday evening or Friday morning she has important business and can`t make it. Or a ton of other variations. So, just carry on, it`s all in a days work. Don`t let those type of people drag you down. Men or women, there is plenty of them.

From this moment I vow not to be a flake. And if I have to cancel I will always call. How awful to be stood up. There is no reason not to call. It's like he's saying, "I don't care about you or even respect you".

I'm feeling a lot better today. I went to school, talked to some people, I just have to keep reminding myself that it takes a little longer for me to make friends. As long as I keep talking I think i'm in good shape.

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to read and answer my post. I feel kind of silly for letting this guy make me feel so worthless. I'm so sorry for being so whiny and once again thanks so much.