Shallowness...

lovestruck234

I am disgustingly surprised with how many guys and girls I know that are so damn shallow!

I was driving in McDonalds the other afternoon after being for a surf and drove past a bunch of guys. They all whistled and yelled stuff out to me when I drove past. I had a little giggle and parked the car. I was walking in and passed the same guys...

One of them said "Damn, the first fine lady we've seen walk in here all afternoon....nice not to see a barge-a$$ walk into here"...

I didn't repsond and just kept walking. Once I was inside I heard them yelling out to all the people that we're driving/walking past things like "Put down the fork, fatty!" and making the beeping noise of a truck reversing when someone sat down....

I have witnessed behaviour like this so often it's starting to bug me.

If you haven't got something nice to say, don't say anything at all, you know?

I know these bunch of boys we're very immature and everything, but in everyday situations....

It's such a shame that lots of us judge people like that. I mean things like being at a club and you will see the "average" ladies sitting by their lonesome all night. It's so sad. I'm sure that if you go to know that girl she probably has an awesome personality!! But no, instead people will go and chat up the "hot ladies" who are wearing skimpy outfits...

I find it just so degrading of us. Why have we turned this way???

They all whistled and yelled stuff out to me when I drove past.

Wait until you're 50 yrs old and totally invisible to the opposite sex.

I know these bunch of boys we're very immature and everything, but in everyday situations....

Of course they were....do you ever see gangs of marauding 45 yr old men wandering about hooting and hollering at attractive women?

• Author
lovestruck234

Of course they were....do you ever see gangs of marauding 45 yr old men wandering about hooting and hollering at attractive women?

Yeah, I know that. i was simply using that example seeing as I'm NOT 45.....I deal with people my age in these sorts of situations...

I am referring to ALL ages here, though, in what I'm talking about. Everybody is guilty of being shallow nowadays...does anyone have any opinions to share here that doesn't regard age?

Interesting thread.

I think this has to do with location.

When I go out and about I see very attractive men with women who arent that thin or in shape.

The majority of the women around here of all ages seem to have pouches and muffin tops; not to mention the wider behind.

I have questioned in my own head when I see these women with very attractive men:

'They have attractive men in their lives how come I don't?'

'I'
m
thinner then she is how come I can't attract a man like that?'

I have caught myself envying those women who are thicker then I am. It maybe a midwestern thing. I don't know.

I also haven't heard many people ridicule others who are over weight. Usually, when I've heard people comment its when someone who appears to be extremely unhealthily over weight where they have problems walking, sitting or getting up from a seat position.

It has to be where you live and how people view body types.

Maybe the those who live west and east near beaches and large lakes tend to be more particular about weight.

Living in Minnesota we need a little meat or we would probably freeze to death in the winter months.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

In general people are getting more course and outspoken about things better to remain silent. It is clearly reflected in radio and television.

It is almost chic to be that way.

I've had many experiences with shallow guys.

One of them is when I was walking back to my car after checking the mail. This guy walked past me and completely stopped.... turned around.... and locked his eyes onto me. I went all the way to my car, sat down, put my seatbelt on, and noticed he was STILL STARING AT ME. Then he did this come-here finger movement. I was like WTF? And I drove off. That was freakin' creepy I tell you. And apparently he lives in my apartment complex........ :eek:

I have caught myself envying those women who are thicker then I am. It maybe a midwestern thing. I don't know.

there are a lot of male chubby-chasers in the midwest. maybe you are too skinny PADA. start eating Hostess products by the box. Twinkies, Ho Ho's, etc... oh, and eat butter, lots of butter. And fast food, yeah we can't forget that.

I've had many experiences with shallow guys.

One of them is when I was walking back to my car after checking the mail. This guy walked past me and completely stopped.... turned around.... and locked his eyes onto me. I went all the way to my car, sat down, put my seatbelt on, and noticed he was STILL STARING AT ME. Then he did this come-here finger movement. I was like WTF? And I drove off. That was freakin' creepy I tell you. And apparently he lives in my apartment complex........ :eek:

That was you?

RecordProducer

Could this be an Australian thing? I mean, in the US or Europe you don't get to hear such things. Especially the Americans are amazingly polite and kind.

It's not shallowness. It's rudeness! My husband makes comments about fat people sometimes by whispering in my ear when they are far away and can't hear us. We all have shallow thoughts sometimes. Those boys were plain rude.

I've seen in Australian movies behavior like that and wondered long time ago if it's a "culture" thing related to the location. :confused:

This is just little boys being idiotic :rolleyes: I can't stand little sh*t heads like that. I was waiting for the train the other day and this stupid as all hell looking little boy (16 or so) acted in a similar way, with the "hey baby, wassup? you look good" I just pictured myself tossing him on to the train tracks as a train approached :D

• Author
lovestruck234
This is just little boys being idiotic :rolleyes: I can't stand little sh*t heads like that. I was waiting for the train the other day and this stupid as all hell looking little boy (16 or so) acted in a similar way, with the "hey baby, wassup? you look good" I just pictured myself tossing him on to the train tracks as a train approached :D

:lmao: ...that just reminded me of when I was in school, my friends and I were constantly hassled by this boy about 1 or 2 grades lower than us. We'd be walking to the canteen or somethign and he'd jump out of nowhere with roses (no joke) and a poem or something and hand it to one of us.

I was in class one day and had to go to the toilet. Anyway, I went, did my business and was just walking out the toilet door and there he is leaning up against the wall, trying to act all "smooth" and he grabbed me around the waist and pulled me in really close to him, then he's like "Your hair....so lucious...your skin...so smooth....your eyes...so beautiful....I wanna be with you"....or something like that. :confused: ......:lmao:

I felt really bad, but I kinda ripped him off me and bailed for the classroom. WHAT A CREEP!! Is there a name for people who try to get to older people? You know, opposite to cradle snatcher?? Lol

:lmao: ...that just reminded me of when I was in school, my friends and I were constantly hassled by this boy about 1 or 2 grades lower than us. We'd be walking to the canteen or somethign and he'd jump out of nowhere with roses (no joke) and a poem or something and hand it to one of us.

I was in class one day and had to go to the toilet. Anyway, I went, did my business and was just walking out the toilet door and there he is leaning up against the wall, trying to act all "smooth" and he grabbed me around the waist and pulled me in really close to him, then he's like "Your hair....so lucious...your skin...so smooth....your eyes...so beautiful....I wanna be with you"....or something like that. :confused: ......:lmao:

I felt really bad, but I kinda ripped him off me and bailed for the classroom. WHAT A CREEP!! Is there a name for people who try to get to older people? You know, opposite to cradle snatcher?? Lol

Yikes! That sounds really creepy, I would have shoved him off me. I like the term 'cradle snatcher' :laugh: I always heard 'cradle robber' but that doesn't sound as funny.

I remember a similar group of dickheads in a McDonalds car park. I was waiting for my ex in the car... they were hastling me, and trying to talk to me about my car (which was an expensive japanese import- their cup of tea I would imagine). So anyway I kept ignoring them and then I see one dickhead start doing a burnout... and not at all a controlled one... scrapes a long my back rear kit and rips my exhaust manifold off.

I won't tell you what happened to that guy...

I'm a ladies man now if I made fun of fat girls you'd think I was being sweet. What if you walked past some guys and they held up score cards just as if you had made a dive or something?

• Author
lovestruck234
It wasn't Rhys was it?

:laugh: Hell no!! If it was Rhys I wouldn't be with him right now...

Imagine that..."So how did you two meet?"...

• Author
lovestruck234

I won't tell you what happened to that guy...

:laugh: I can just imagine!!

Hmm...just reminds me...I have to take my car in to get fixed this weekend...I was putting my board on the roof yesterday and one of the fins must have knocked the side of the car and now I have a maswsive ding/scratch all up one side of my car....

:( My poor baby...

It is rude. If they were by themselves I bet they wouldnt have the balls to say anything. It is too bad. there is so much out there. Being a guy ( a very nice one ) I have not had the oppertunity to hang out with guys that would do that.... Well they would not be friends of mine anyway. But I do or maybe can now say did feel uninterested in certain women. Friends but no love interest. There has to be a spark for sure but there has to be a physical connection too.

My last love interest was nothing I thought I was looking for. I fancy the blonde hair blue eyes. She was brown hair brown eyes, shorter carrying extra weight and has a child. Even though she showed me interest it was not enough to make her world upside down. She is sticking with her boyfriend. So I have learned a lot in the past few months. You just never know.

This phenomenon isn't limited to teenage boys. Older men in Australia do this too, in their 20s and sometimes into their 30s. Young women tend to stop it in their late teens.

I have always found it really bizarre that people will take time out of their day or night to harass a complete stranger about the way they look. I mean, why do you care? And it seems that it only happens in regard to looks - people don't get hassled in the street for being dumb or unemployed or irresponsible.

I am disgustingly surprised with how many guys and girls I know that are so damn shallow!

I was driving in McDonalds the other afternoon after being for a surf and drove past a bunch of guys. They all whistled and yelled stuff out to me when I drove past. I had a little giggle and parked the car. I was walking in and passed the same guys...

One of them said "Damn, the first fine lady we've seen walk in here all afternoon....nice not to see a barge-a$$ walk into here"...

I didn't repsond and just kept walking. Once I was inside I heard them yelling out to all the people that we're driving/walking past things like "Put down the fork, fatty!" and making the beeping noise of a truck reversing when someone sat down....

I have witnessed behaviour like this so often it's starting to bug me.

If you haven't got something nice to say, don't say anything at all, you know?

It's such a shame that lots of us judge people like that. I mean things like being at a club and you will see the "average" ladies sitting by their lonesome all night. It's so sad. I'm sure that if you go to know that girl she probably has an awesome personality!! But no, instead people will go and chat up the "hot ladies" who are wearing skimpy outfits...

I find it just so degrading of us. Why have we turned this way???

The key word is "immature". You can't expect them to act in any better way if they are immature.

All that you can do is ignore them and hope that the little boys grow up someday.

This phenomenon isn't limited to teenage boys. Older men in Australia do this too, in their 20s and sometimes into their 30s.

well i've read that many Australian men are pretty docile and non-agressive when it comes to women.

You just have to walk straight up to these perverts and say

"Okay- My house or yours?"

At this point they completely shut down, obliterating all of their male bravado and confidence in one quick power shift leaving them standing there stuttering and stammering to no avail.