5 Things that you love about yourself.

List 5 things you really love about yourself. Whether it be positive characteristics, or physical ones. Something that makes you proud to be who you are!

This will help show our great qualities and the positive that we can offer to the world.

So, what are 5 things that you love about yourself? If you have more then 5 don't be afraid to share. :)

Well, I'll bite.

1. I work hard. I give 100% to everything I try until it's done, no matter how hopeless it may seem. I spent every night last week (and all friday night) studying for a test instead of partying with my friends.

2. I can be emotional, which I'm told is good in a guy. I don't cry or anything, but I get very intense. I love my girlfriend with all my heart and tell her that all the time and always let her know how I feel about her.

3. Vanity perhaps, but I think I've been dealt a good hand in the genetics department. Tall, muscular, broad shoulders, sharp European features. No defects or illnesses or diseases to speak of.

4. I'm always there for my friends. A friend called me at 4am on a Saturday morning asking me to pick him up from the city since he'd taken something nasty and couldn't remember anything from the night before and was hopelessly lost.

5. I'm a good driver. I have good perception and predict when hazards will show up. Everyone feels safe when I drive them. Perhaps it's because I'm the only one who drives a stick shift :p

• Author

Yay, glad to see I have a poster already.

@Eclypse Your #2 is sweet. :)

Now for myself:

1. I have a knack for making others smile.

2. I'm a great listener. When someone close needs to talk they always see me!

3. I'm usually (If not always) willing to give a helping hand.

4. I have beautiful big hazel eyes that often get complimented on.

5. I am an honest and loyal person.

:love:

2. I'm a great listener. When someone close needs to talk they always see me!

Awww. :) Ditto on this one. It's a mixed blessing, though, since a few people have been using me for this but not giving the same back in return. :( But eh, we do what we can...

Hope these don't sound vain either - this IS a feel-good thread, after all. :)

2) I don't blindly follow the crowd mentality - I do what I believe to be right or best regardless of what others say. I don't buy into trends, conventional thinking, or what people say I should think/feel/want.

3) I've been blessed with pretty darn good logical/analytical intellect. Took an invigilated IQ test (Raven's matrix) with no sleep the previous night and scored 156. Have yet to encounter a logical concept that I've been unable to grasp with sufficient time and effort.

4) I hate seeing those whom I care for hurting. I would go to great lengths to support/help someone I love, or prevent them from being hurt.

5) I'm never bored; too many hobbies and passions for that. There's always something new to learn, some new skill to be honed, some new game or concept to conquer, some new interest to dabble in. Again, mixed blessing - I hear of people complaining about being bored after 2 months of holiday and I go wtf? I probably am one of the few people who, should I have sufficient savings, could still be very happy and fulfilled NOT working for the rest of my life. =/

...Is it bad that I had to think really hard to come up with these?

• Author
...Is it bad that I had to think really hard to come up with these?

:laugh: It's not bad, I had some thinking to do for mine too. It's not that I don't have some great qualities, it's just figuring out which ones are best to list.

You listed some fantastic ones. :)

:laugh: It's not bad, I had some thinking to do for mine too. It's not that I don't have some great qualities, it's just figuring out which ones are best to list.

You listed some fantastic ones. :)

Aww, thanks. :) For some reason I can think of my flaws way easier than my good points. :(

In no particular order of importance:

1. Empathy

2. Curiosity

3. Emotional transparency

4. Balance of intellect and emotion

5. Jack of all trades. Nothing scares me nor presents too great a challenge.

Overall though, I love that I'm alive and functional to reflect upon and type this post. I've seen enough of the alternative to really value that.

Great, a happy thread :) I wouldn't say these are things that I 'love' about myself, but I am grateful for them:

- I'm a good listener, too

- I work hard/ have a strong work ethic

- Like Elwyth, I'm also never bored

- I try to see the best in people and give others the benefit of the doubt

- I'm not materialistic

• Author

I tend to think of flaws easier too, but this thread was to help notice the positive. Id much rather take notice to the good I can offer :)

It's great to see all the wonderful qualities everyone has posted. :bunny:

-I keep an open mind about things

-I will lend an ear to a friend whenever they need one

-I refuse to let bad experiences knock me down. Instead I will learn from them and get better.

-I don't need to make up BS stories or walk around and act like I am in competition with everyone around me. I am confident with the real me, flaws and all.

-Generally I am a happy go lucky person and it is contagious to those around me.:)

. Good Mum

. Good Wife/home maker

. Very innovative mind

. Pretty humourous person - always having a really good laugh, even in dire situations.

. In balance with nature and others in real life. Its like doors just open and I don't have to worry about anything.

. Strong faith in God/love and all that stuff.

. Not bad looking

. Even though I am ditzy and a crap speller, I am quite clever.

. Very good at my job.

. Good business woman

. In real life - able to put people at ease.

. Good nose for seeing potential in others.

. At peace with my fickle side

. Good dress sense.

. Highly positive person

. Can stay quiet even when annoyed - not easily bothered by people.

. Can verbally defend myself and others if need be.

. Good scriptwriter.

. Ok friend to have around.

. I like myself and can live with being a work in progress.

. Can still be kind to those who I don't particularly like.

Coming soon but not too soon - Best Grandma in the world :bunny:

:)

Take care,

Eve x

betterdeal

Good looks, intelligent, witty, winning smile and endless humility!

1. Thirst for knowledge

2. Adventurous

3. Value my family

4. I like to do my own home improvements and generally like picking up new trades.

5. People seem to trust me very easily and feel comfortable around me. I have had people spill life stories to me in the middle of a line for the supermarket. To the point where people will ask me if I knew the person. haha

• Author

5. People seem to trust me very easily and feel comfortable around me. I have had people spill life stories to me in the middle of a line for the supermarket. To the point where people will ask me if I knew the person. haha

:laugh: This happens to me too. People are so friendly at the market!

Thanks for the topic, Kari. It makes me sad that my ex was able to strip some of these qualities from me for a while but Im working on getting them back.

1. My humor.

2. Affectionate.

3. I put people at ease.

4. I compliment people alot.

5. I read people well.

6. Great smile. (voted prettiest smile in h.s.)

7. Loyal friend.

CrestfallenNoMore

Physical

- My height (5'10") and how great clothes look on me and how beautiful my legs look, especially

- My green eyes

- My long, straight, healthy hair that is without a strand of gray as I look down the barrel of 37

- The fact that am virtually hairless. Makes "upkeep" ridiculously easy. I couldn't grow a unibrow if I tried.

- My feet, as funny as that sounds. Very pretty, ideal nail beds, healthy skin and they look adorable in sandals.

Non-physical

- My perserverence. I'm very, very strong. I always had an idea of how I'd respond when **** went down, and now I know that I was right. To know myself as well as I do, is awesome. :D

- My drive. I have a successful career, purchased my own home as a single woman and live the lifestyle I've always wanted.

- My empathy. I used to be incredibly judgmental and now I'm much more open and understanding of people and their choices, even if I don't agree with them.

- I'm hilarious. I'm an excellent writer and maintain a comedy blog and keep everyone in stiches.

- I'm a great friend. I think anyone would be lucky to have me in his/her corner.

• Author
Thanks for the topic, Kari. It makes me sad that my ex was able to strip some of these qualities from me for a while but Im working on getting them back. .

No problem, I knew that people could use a uplift. You have some fabulous qualities! Don't let them be taken away. :bunny:

Ps, Jealous of that smile. ;)

The fact that am virtually hairless. Makes "upkeep" ridiculously easy. I couldn't grow a unibrow if I tried.

:lmao: Would you even want a unibrow?

Again, great characteristics :)

CrestfallenNoMore

:lmao: Would you even want a unibrow?

Again, great characteristics :)

Ha, no! I'm just glad I don't have to worry about it.

Of course, when menopause gets here. Oy... :)

PelicanPete

Well,

Physical

1. My eyes - Hazel in normal light, gold in sunlight, apparently an inherited defected gene according to the family.

2. My face - I know I'm handsome :)

3. My fitness/physique - Tall, slim and muscular. Close to reaching the advanced strength goals I set for myself since my break up.

Personality

1. My listening/understanding/learning skills - We have two ears and only one mouth for a reason

2. My strong sense of self - I have a good idea of who I am, what I want, and who I want to become

3. My empathy - always a good quality to have.

• Author

Keep them coming. :bunny:

Just going to list some of my nice physical attributes.

1. Soft lips

2. Lovely facial symmetry.

3. A tiny petite figure.

:love:

Star Gazer

1. I crack my friends up, and they feel comfortable telling me anything and everything (this is a blessing and a curse).

2. I'm resilient, in pretty much every way.

3. I stand up for people and things/causes I believe in.

4. I'm a natural leader.

5. I have an AWESOME shoe collection. ;)

whichwayisup

1)A good loyal friend.

2)A giver

3)I smell good

4)Funny

5)Unique, weird, normal mixed into one.

1. Animals love me and I love them.

2. I have a lot of friends.

3. I'm eccentric.

4. I love being tan.

5. I love being a surfer.

• Author