How much does he love me if ...

babyygirllhi

He breaks up with me to be alone ?

He is 22, im 24. It wasnt like it came gradually, from the beginning he was very independent and wasnt prepared to fall in love. It was his first time. But he couldnt not be with me. he told me when we met that he saw himself being who he wants to be at age 30. never thought about marriage either. however that changed after i explained my idea of love,and he still says he loves how i see love. It feels like evrything is black and white with him. He doesnt talk about emotions much at all. I mean, he is sensitive and can cry to a sad movie, but he doesn't talk about what he is feeling and he doesnt communicate. etc. And to be honest, i dont think he knows what he is feeling when he feels things.

He says he is still in love with me, and i FEEL that he is just as in love as when we met. the attraction is very strong from both ends. we have same interests, same idea of life, etc. He also says im the perfect girl in every way and his best friend. i thnk he just sees it black/white..no inbetween. but i tried SO hard to keep him, telling him that i would be understanding etc. but no, he needs to be ALONE.I got it out of him that he could see us together in the future, but doesnt want to say that bc he needs to be alone and if he knows im waiting, that will rush him, etc. He even said at one point "I want to be alone for years".

He could have said "I need my space for a while to see how I feel.." but instead he broke up completely, even after I gave him many options. I do also feel like he might realize he made a mistake, but he doesn't know how to deal with a relationship. Im his first, and I had to teach him a LOT. we "broke up" many times during the relationship bc i could feel that he wasn't all in it. he was gradually depressed, trying to do things to stay occupied, but wasnt happy. Also, we had been together 24/7 for 11 months .. jumped straight into a serious relationship. and we were out traveling a bit along with livng in my city where he had nothing to do. i had to study. It was when we came back that he broke up. It was obvious that he needed time alone after coming back from traveling. Like I said, we were together 24/7 for 1 year practically. And then he wanted to go alone to his friends and stuff, even though he would say like "part of me wants you to come but also part of me wants to go alone". And due to the fact that I felt him slipping away, I became VERY needy, which I think pushed him away more. Oops:(

We have talked 1 time in the past 2 weeks. He called and was telling me how he is lost, doesnt know what he wants in life. then said things about our past trip together (to asia) as if like "yea, those were some good times!" like we are friends or something. i dunno. then i ended the convo and he sounded a little surprised (i have been there for him every second, anytime, through the whole relationship. never once has he come after me, arms open, its always been the opposite). also, when i told him im moving to flroida he said he can come to me on his way back home before I move. i said no its not a good idea. and he said nervously "well we can talk about it after you go to italy, dont decide now". (im going tomorrow for 5 days) then he sent a text after saying "your words are wisdom to me, you know me. its hard to talk but i think its good for both of us. talk to you after italy. have fun!"

I can't see him though. Knowing him, even if he is dying on the inside when he sees me, he wont even be able to say somehing like "wow, I have missed you and this feels amazing, but I still need to be alone". He will just act like a friend and try to respect not showing his feelings towards me. And this is why he has really confused me.

Have I given him too much love so that he feels like im a crutch? If i ignore him when he tries calling or texting, will this scare him? Im so in love, however I can see that it's with a guy who has no idea what he wants and im scared. he isnt the dating type either, or partier.

Btw, him not being able to express himself etc. Is this immaturity? Or is this a personality trait? Will it change or no? I have opened him up more than anyone in his life, he told me... and he is the kind of guy who listens to what someone says and learns, changes.

Edited by babyygirllhi