guy going to lunch with a girl

griffinchicken53

griffinchicken53

sounds middle schoolish but i don't do this very often. what is ediquette? do i pay, split the check, pay this time let her pay next time.

Who asked who? If you asked her, then it's proper etiquette to pay.

If she asked you- she should be thinking about paying. If you like her, and the date goes well, offer to pay regardless.

Don't stress about who is paying until after lunch is done. Just enjoy the date and see how she reacts when the bill comes.

Sh*t, then split the bill!

LOL!!! thank you DLish, that made my day.

Double LOL

Yup, if it's a friend thing, split the bill.

If you're interested in a girl, a subtle way to let her know so is to pay the bill.

• Author
griffinchicken53

i'm probably kidding myself. she said she'll let me know when she can, probably a weekend day, but i'm sure she'll just wait hoping i forget about it.

i'm probably kidding myself. she said she'll let me know when she can, probably a weekend day, but i'm sure she'll just wait hoping i forget about it.

hu? Why would you care if it's just a friendly meeting?

• Author
griffinchicken53

i need something different right now. tired of feeling the way i do about myself. the only time i'm around women there are 10 other guys there, and i don't get talked to very much. i'm tired of being around guys all the time. maybe i see this as a test, if a woman can't even be around me one on one as friends, how can i even hope for something more.....with someone else....not this one. even though there might be a smidgen of some form of attraction.

• Author
griffinchicken53

7 days and nothing. probably safe to assume she only wants to remain online aquaintances. i went to school with her just weren't in same social circles. but she started talking to me first online. so much for looking forward to female companionship for however long it takes to eat.