10th Anniversary Question

As the title speaks to it my wife and I have been happily married for ten years now. We have had our ups and our downs but this year was a special year for us. We faced the greatest challenges yet have had the best intimacy in our ten years together. This has so far been a year that has stuck out and will for sometime.

Without any doubt my wife has been more than just a wife but my best friend and someone I can count on. I really would like to do something special but my creative cogs and gears need a jump start. I'm sure some of you out there have some ideas. Just so you know we do plan to take a special vacation (Hawaii or Mediterranean Cruise) somewhere in this year when my job allows. For now I would like to, in some grand style really sweep her off her feet. She has simply done so much for me and I just want to give her something very special back.

So just fire off what you think would be an appropriate gift, small trip, or romantic evening for a ten year anniversary.

Thanks. :bunny:

We had our tenth anniversary a month ago and it was awesome. We went away for 3 nights to the mountains, holed up in a condo in Canmore. We went out for one fancy dinner and cooked the other 2 together. We walked, watched movies, read books, soaked in the tub, had showers together, drank some local beer at the pub, and had lots of awesome sex. He bought me a set of earrings that match my engagement ring (sapphire surrounded by diamonds) and gave me a cute card. It was perfect, really.

• Author
We had our tenth anniversary a month ago and it was awesome. We went away for 3 nights to the mountains, holed up in a condo in Canmore. We went out for one fancy dinner and cooked the other 2 together. We walked, watched movies, read books, soaked in the tub, had showers together, drank some local beer at the pub, and had lots of awesome sex. He bought me a set of earrings that match my engagement ring (sapphire surrounded by diamonds) and gave me a cute card. It was perfect, really.

Sounds like you had a good time. That has given me a few. Thanks.

Women love gifts that are personal, tailored specifically to them and their interests. Something that references a special moment, or an inside joke, scores extra big brownie points. That kind of sentimental aspect makes the sapphire jewelry that the previous poster got twice as special, since it reflected back to their engagement. Unfortunately that makes it kind of hard for strangers on a forum to tell you what the perfect gift for YOUR wife might be :o.

It's hard to go wrong with a romantic weekend away, to an environment you don't get to regularly, or to a place that has sentimental value. For our first anniversary, my husband surprised me with a trip to the same remote rustic coastal town we went to for our very first weekend away as a couple. We hadn't been back there in a few years. He even booked us into the same hotel (but not the same room--this time we got one with an even more amazing view, and a 2-person jacuzzi tub). It was such a romantic gesture from him that I teared up when he told me where we were going. He also bought me a gorgeous high quality pen--I'm a writer, so that really touched me.

It rained a lot and we spent most of the weekend together in the 2-person jacuzzi tub drinking champagne, watching the storm-tossed ocean right under the balcony. It was amazing. We did get out a bit, for brunch, to check out an art gallery and a local winery...and we bought something small from the gallery there to remind us of that anniversary, and anchor our sentiment more firmly to that little town, and a couple bottles of wine for a future special occasion.

crazycatlady

First, congrats on 10 years. That's awesome.

I know personally that a hand written card, a lovely bottle of champagne, a nice dinner. But really, just be heartfelt and sincere and it will be a win.

Afishwithabike

Congratulations on the 10 years!

Our 10 year anniversary was last year.

Without knowing your wife, it's difficult to say what's an ideal gift for her. I got a dinner at my favorite restaurant and some expensive jewelry for my 10th anniversary. It was great and very much appreciated. One of my favorite gifts of all time from my husband is what I got for Valentine's Day this year. He wrote me a two-page handwritten letter. He hardly ever - it would be accurate to say never - writes a letter if he can help it so it meant even more to me. He talked about how we met, how he feels about me, the challenges we've overcome. The letter was sweet without being overly mushy or corny. It didn't cost anything, but what he said in it meant a lot to me. I might even laminate that letter! :laugh:

One of my favorite gifts of all time from my husband is what I got for Valentine's Day this year. He wrote me a two-page handwritten letter. He hardly ever - it would be accurate to say never - writes a letter if he can help it so it meant even more to me. He talked about how we met, how he feels about me, the challenges we've overcome. The letter was sweet without being overly mushy or corny. It didn't cost anything, but what he said in it meant a lot to me. I might even laminate that letter! :laugh:

Oooooooh. I can see why that's your favorite gift. I would love that.

crazycatlady

The two best gifts I got from my husband was a quilt (which I really wanted) which came with a beautiful card that made me cry (it was talking about how we were apart but the quilt would keep me warm until he could come and do it) and then during the same time period, he also made a cd of the songs he was listening to that made him think of me, of us, or to make me think of him. The cd made me laugh and cry at the same time. It came with a book (they had no stationary so he used a small notebook and did his best to fill it) with why each song was picked. It was very heartfelt and so beautiful. And just a little bit high school but who cares LOL

• Author
Drink a lot of pineapple juice.

You know at first I didn't get this right away and then I was like, yeah definitely. Got to be prepared yeah know, can't forget about the Zinc supplements too!

I hope you keep us updated when it finally gets here and what you did do. :)

Yes do please!!