how do you manage to go up to girls and talk to them?

I have a hard time talking to girls that I want to possibly try and get to know on a more than friendly level.

I have no problem talking to girls if they or someone else initiates the conversation, but it is hard for me to do the initiating. Once I am talking to them though I do fine and can progress the conversation to where I want it to go rather well, its just that getting the conversation to take place is my problem.

One issue for me is that I go to a very large university where the classes are almost all 75-90+ people in each, and if you talk to someone sitting next to you, 20-30 people will hear every word you say, even if you speak quietly. But that's not really my main issue, I do have plenty of opportunities in my current environments to get girls, but I cant manage to go up and talk to them..

Does anyone who can easily go up to girls have any advice that may help me? I know its not that hard to do because I have no prob talking to girls and it always makes me mad when I think about how I can talk to them with such ease yet cannot go up to them If I don't know them.

Well, you could bite the bullet and be all gung-ho about it (inadvisable unless you're pro at picking up girls), or you could come up with a some reason to actually approach the girls and be casual. For instance, if you notice someone wearing something that strikes you as interesting, that's a reason to give her a compliment, which could segway into a conversation even if it's just small-talk. But hey, you gotta start somewhere, right?

You have the hardest part of the battle down, the keeping a conversation going. So anyway I will tell you the same thing I tell every man. Just be confident and walk right up to the woman and start talking. Women love a confident man it translates into the type of man that will have the courage to take care of her in any situation and women are drawn to that. There is nothing to be afraid of with talking to women as at most they can do is say no or be uninterested. And really does it matter if people can hear your conversation?

Just don't put all your eggs in one basket and think too much about being rejected - if it happens it'll happen..not to just you, but anyone else who would otherwise be in your same shoes.

Girls love a guy with confidence. So just imagine as if they were a guy or someone you wouldn't bone.