To tell or not to tell? That is my question.

My married man actually started out as just my boyfriend living in a seperate house and about to get divorced, when about 3 months into our relationship she decided to try and work things out with him. He told me he was going to try for his son, but still lives separetley. This about one month after she approached him to see if he wanted to have a one night thing with her and he said no since there is no hope for them getting back together and it would confuse his son. Sorry to ramble...well conviently she decided one month later to "try and make things work", they had their one night and ever since then it's been nothing else. Well long story short, I was on an online blog forum type thing....her profile was posted stating that she was divorced and went to describe herself being a single mother, blah blah blah. This would be okay if it was created last year, but the profile was created at the end of last month and has been viewed by her almost everyday. My dilemma is do I show my married boyfriend that she is decieving him or not? I do not want him to think I am trying to be mean or ruin things for him...but we also promised each other we would never lie to one another. HELP PLEASE:(

Wicked Wanda

Are you sure she's deceiving him? Maybe he's not so forthcoming with the truth. Set up an evening of internet surfing and stumble across the site with him.... and go fishing!

My married man actually started out as just my boyfriend living in a seperate house and about to get divorced, when about 3 months into our relationship she decided to try and work things out with him. He told me he was going to try for his son, but still lives separetley. This about one month after she approached him to see if he wanted to have a one night thing with her and he said no since there is no hope for them getting back together and it would confuse his son. Sorry to ramble...well conviently she decided one month later to "try and make things work", they had their one night and ever since then it's been nothing else. Well long story short, I was on an online blog forum type thing....her profile was posted stating that she was divorced and went to describe herself being a single mother, blah blah blah. This would be okay if it was created last year, but the profile was created at the end of last month and has been viewed by her almost everyday. My dilemma is do I show my married boyfriend that she is decieving him or not? I do not want him to think I am trying to be mean or ruin things for him...but we also promised each other we would never lie to one another. HELP PLEASE:(

Is it a dating site or just a talk forum? If they're separated its not much of a stretch from the truth. But if its a dating site, then I would bring it to his attention. Because if they're separated and she's trying to get back with him, then that's something that he should know. Otherwise, its not a big deal if she's just blogging. JMO

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Well, I printed out the profile and showed it to him. He was glad that I told him and has given the print out to his lawyer. The other hand he's not to thrilled with her for saying she wanted to try and then a month later signing up and stating that they are already divorced (the site is fairly popular and has both online chats for friends and dating) Her blogs are with mainly single men and a couple of divorced friends. He now wants me to print out an update every week though since I work on a computer. I just don't want to be subpeoned by her for any reason.

movinon05
Well, I printed out the profile and showed it to him. He was glad that I told him and has given the print out to his lawyer. The other hand he's not to thrilled with her for saying she wanted to try and then a month later signing up and stating that they are already divorced (the site is fairly popular and has both online chats for friends and dating) Her blogs are with mainly single men and a couple of divorced friends. He now wants me to print out an update every week though since I work on a computer. I just don't want to be subpeoned by her for any reason.

I had that fear about being subpoenaed as well. I don't know where you live, but it usually doesn't get to that point unless there is a full blown trial. The lawyers do try to work things out and going to trial is extremely expensive. When things get heated in a divorce, threats are made, and although the lawyer would hold that information and possibly use it in the settlement process, it might not make a difference in the end.

Seen_It_All

Why are you playing Cupid for this guy and helping him in his reconciliation attempts "for his child" (supposedly)?

The both of them sound totally dysfunctional and there's obviously some kind of co-depencency going on between them.

I honestly don't think you're getting the full story. I think there's more to his desire to reconcile than just his kid. In fact, I'd bet my life on it.

whichwayisup
He now wants me to print out an update every week though since I work on a computer. I just don't want to be subpeoned by her for any reason.

Why can't HE go on a computer, and print out the update? Why is he asking YOU to do this? Something doesn't feel right here...And yes, he is also making you involved in a possible mud-flinging court case. Are you willing to testify and be part of it?

Look, he's lied to her so don't think he hasn't lied to you. You may not want to hear that, so take a step back and see the whole picture here.