Me or the Kids?

Well, as some of you know I am or was the other woman. I'm not sure what you call it. We have been living together for almost 10 months now. He left his wife last year. Everything has been great. He is so kind and loving. He and I love each other and respect each other. I have never been this happy with someone. The problem is lately he has changed. He has become more moody and withdrawn. We are always together and I think that is the problem. He told me that he thinks he misses his kids and that's why he's been that way.

He spends every other weekend with them. Every time he leaves them he feels sad. I don't know what to tell him. I feel bad. I feel like I'm keeping him from his children. I don't want to see him sad or anything. I just feel like I should tell him to go home so he can be with his kids. I love him so much and I know he loves me. It would kill me to lose him, but I don't want him to resent me later either. I just don't know what to do to make him feel better.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you handle or how would you handle it?

soccorsilly

Why can't he see if the custody arrangement can be modified to allow him to see his kids more often. I share custody 50-50 with my ex wife and I know that when they go to her house, I am sad for a day or so and then I get into my routine. I am excited to see them when they get back and they are excited to see me too.

A. Check into joint custody (make take a court ruling if mom won't agree)

B. Let him go. (Would he go?)

C. Have him talk to the children's mother to see if he can see the child more, not joint custody, but just more visitation.

And I don't consider him your OM if he's already left his wife for you. ;) You can't be the OW forever! He's your M! Unless he's still dabbling in affairs of the previous wife.