Want out

Wantoutofthis

Well this is one forum or topic I thought I would never discuss or be a part of. I am not here to judge others. I was the wife before in a situation with ex having another woman. We have been divorced for 10 years. I was able to move on with my life and loved being single.

Then I met my now friend. We both share a love for college football and that’s how we met. I never meant to get into this and said I never would see a Married Man. The more we talked, the closer we seem to grow. When I am talking to him I forget everything. I am afraid that’s the part of the addiction I have. He works out of state during the week and is wanting me to come visit him. He has texted me even when he’s with his family. He said his wife doesn’t care, she only stays for the money and he won’t leave because of his kids. I have never asked him to leave and tried to discourage anything else happening. Then I made the mistake looking at his wife’s social media account. She has posted pictures of him and her on a date and says she loves him. I feel horrible. I don’t want to continue in this or see his wife go through what I did. Where do I even begin on breaking the addiction? I find myself actually asking the same questions in my head that I did when i dealt with my ex. I don’t want to do this.

Tell his wife. thats how it end with MM but over a year on i slip up end back in bed with him carrying his child again. i have a son to him

What_Did_I_Do

Read my story. That should snap you back into reality. xMM and I shared a love of the same sport too.

Get out now. Before you become me.

ladydesigner

I agree tell his wife then go NC and don't go down the slippery slope again. Even if the OW does win the MM they really are winning a professional liar then you have to always watch your back and who wants that.

• Like 1

I wouldn't tell her. But if you're serious about not wanting to continue it, stop contacting him, erase him and block him from everything, ask him to not contact you. And tell him that if he does, you will tell his wife. And if he does contact you even once, then yes absolutely tell her. i think you can never believe just one side saying the marriage is over, not when the option of sex is on the table. You have to hear it from both of them. Good luck

• Like 1
Grapesofwrath

If you want out, you get out. It's very simple, though it seems very hard at first. You go no contact. Block him. Block all avenues he has to reaching you (phone, email, social media) then just ride out the emotional cold turkey. It will be difficult at times, but each day is easier until one day you wake up and just feel so glad you are out of it.

You do not need to tell him that you are doing it, either. He is not owed an explanation or the courtesy of a typical break-up talk.

Remember how you felt when your ex-h was cheating. Dont do it. Find a single man. Dont compromise your ethics for cheap thrills

• Like 1