Is it easier to move on being a MOM or SOM?

AnotherSadSong
The male version of this thread

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/other-man-woman/536823-easier-move-being-mow-sow#post6422581

I think the conventional wisdom is that BOTH just move right on like nothing. Easy peasy.

I don't agree with that.

Probably different determined by the relationship. I know mine has moved on easily, no regret for saying what he said. He is happy I am no longer a thorn in his side and who cares of my aftermath.

I say the deeper the pain, the stronger the outcome. What does not kill you only makes you stronger in the long run.

I wish I could fast forward there.

• Like 1
AnotherSadSong

My point is scrambled up in my emotions. If they ever cared for that person yes they will have a harder time. If there was absolute no care as in my case of course moving would be incredibly easy.

• Like 1

I think the conventional wisdom is that BOTH just move right on like nothing. Easy peasy.

I don't agree with that.

I think it's conventional wisdom that men do that because of how they perceive themselves. They, by nature, do not show their emotions. According to every male I have ever spoken to, and I have quite a few male friends (that I don't have affairs with, just sayin'...) to show their emotions would be the equivalent of admitting they aren't a man anymore. Over time, they become comfortable doing this to their wife or long term girlfriend, but some never become comfortable with it. A class-A trait of conflict avoiders. The males a] shove the emotions away and don't deal with them at all, or b] deal with them in their own way. The latter doesn't include being a hot mess like women are.

• Like 2